Issue with MySQL and XBMC
I just sat up the MySQL following the instructions here: http://www.howtogeek.com/75535/how-to-sy...with-xbmc/. Most of the movies in my data baser were registed when I scanned them into XBMC. However when I went to my second laptop I noticed that all the movies and TV Shows were not in there. Here is the breakdown:

Movies: Files - 388, XBMC on Server - 382, XBMC on laptop - 346
TV Shows: 119, XBMC on Server - 119, XBMC on laptop - 102

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
First Make sure you are using Mysql 5.5 not 5.6 as that had some issues here is a link to the version i use http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.5.html#downloads

a good way to tell what exactly is in your Mysql Database is to go to the machine where it is installed Open up the Mysql Command Line Client that was installed when you installed mysql then type then when prompted type the root password you setup

then when it logs in and gives you the opportunity to enter a command type the following

show databases; (remember to put the ; on the end)

this will then bring up a list of you databases most are set by default and suppose to be there so just ignore them the one you are looking for says a number on the end like 76 or 75 (depending on version of xbmc you are using)

so it could be something like MyVideos75

once you find that below you can type this next command

select count(*) from myvideos75.movie; or for tv shows select count(*) from myvideos75.tvshow;

make sure spelling is correct and also if there is Capital letters change them on the commands above once you press enter it will display a number of count of how many entries are in that particular database this is what has been scanned into Mysql if it is any different then above go to the main machine you were scanning in with and go into Videos - then Files then right click one by one on your source drives and select Scan For New Content (do this one at a time and don't try to run all at once just run one then wait for the Scanning For New content box in the top right corner to dissapear this means scan is complete then go to next and so on afterwards check count and see if it has changed you can also run the commands above again to see if the count has changed on them

BTW that guide you linked above is okay that is the one i started with but the xbmc Wiki is a better one here is link just follow through this guide and make sure you got all steps correct

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL
Yep, I dunno why people go to howtogeek when the howto in the official wiki works.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
they should kill that howtogeek page

Edit:
i send them a mail to please mention the wiki page on top of their post because their guide is outdated.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with MySQL and XBMC0