Cross Platform MySQL support
Sad 
Evening all,

for the last year i have run a centralised MySQL server to enable library sharing no problem amongst all my Windows devices.

The problem i have is i have now introduced 2 OpenELEC devices (PC and RaspberryPi) and on these devices i can see my library but nothing will play (File no longer available...)...

I have worked out why, its because windows uses '\' where as the linux boxes appear to require '/'

Could someone please help me make my database cross platform able

Many thanks in advance

Ben
Export the library (multiple files), drop the MySQL databases, rescan library using the correct paths. Basically, the same process used for going local to MySQL: MySQL (wiki)
(2013-10-21, 05:36)Ned Scott Wrote: Export the library (multiple files), drop the MySQL databases, rescan library using the correct paths. Basically, the same process used for going local to MySQL: MySQL (wiki)

Thanks Ned, but if I do this will I not end up with the same issue again but this time on my windows boxes?

Cheers again
There will be no issue. Windows can understand both forward and back slashes.
(2013-10-21, 10:01)Ned Scott Wrote: There will be no issue. Windows can understand both forward and back slashes.

Thanks Ned that's a great help... I don't suppose you would be able to supply more in depth instructions would you please? My MySQL experience is extremely limited.

Thanks

Ben
(2013-10-21, 10:01)Ned Scott Wrote: There will be no issue. Windows can understand both forward and back slashes.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_In_MySQL

I believe this is what you mean?
(2013-10-21, 13:32)bennyboi04 Wrote:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_In_MySQL

I believe this is what you mean?

Done this successfully now thanks ned for your help
Good to hear!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cross Platform MySQL support0