MovieDB not scraping Artwork
Hi Guys,

I have scanned in content countless times, however, after switching over to MySQL on Unraid, I've run into a problem.

Newly scanned content -- I'm rescanning from scratch -- pulls the NFO but not the artwork.

I've tried redoing MySQL from scratch, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.
I've tried removing my advancedsettings.xml and scanning directly to a local database.

Neither fixes the problem.

Let me know what you'd like to to test and I'll provide a log file.

Thanks for the help,

Owen
I am having the exact same problem...assuming something is wrong with the server/site it is pulling artwork from ?
Hi Guys,

I'm having a weird problem. I just reformatted everything and am attempting to scan all my content in fresh (without local NFO/JPGs).

Using both MySQL and local database, all artwork is scanning in completely blank. No posters. No fanart.

I ran into the problem first with MySQL, but when I removed my advancedsettings.xml and tried a local database scan, the same thing happened.

Please let me know what testing you'd like me to do, and I'll provide logs.

Thanks for your help,

Owen
check my answer, you can't do anything for the moment : http://www.themoviedb.org/talk/52643b841...9f2?page=2

The only thing you can do is to use an other scrapper which doesn't download Posters and Fanart from TMDB

PLEASE GUYS, READ POSTS OVER YOURS...

(2013-10-21, 02:43)raydenxxx Wrote: check my answer, you can't do anything for the moment : http://www.themoviedb.org/talk/52643b841...9f2?page=2

The only thing you can do is to use an other scrapper which doesn't download Posters and Fanart from TMDB

PLEASE GUYS, READ POSTS OVER YOURS...

Any suggestions on a scraper for now ? Thanks.
I haven't tried any other scrapped right now...
Not sure if any other could be as good as TMDB Sad

edit : just test Universal Movie Scraper, setting to use IMDB instead of TMDB, seems to works great.

edit 2 : the problem has been temporary solve by TMDB, everything is fine for us now, thanks to them.
Well, everything seems fine now, so I guess the Movie DB was fixed.

Man... I spent two hours refreshing re-scanning etc. When I first posted here, no one else wrote about it so I was completely sure it was my system...

At least it's all good now! Cool
(2013-10-21, 07:29)danroberto Wrote: Well, everything seems fine now, so I guess the Movie DB was fixed.

Man... I spent two hours refreshing re-scanning etc. When I first posted here, no one else wrote about it so I was completely sure it was my system...

At least it's all good now! Cool

No it's not fixed. They just temporary helped us out.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-10-21, 08:06)Martijn Wrote: No it's not fixed. They just temporary helped us out.

Temporary? Can you please elaborate?
(2013-10-21, 08:20)danroberto Wrote:
(2013-10-21, 08:06)Martijn Wrote: No it's not fixed. They just temporary helped us out.

Temporary? Can you please elaborate?

See this - http://www.themoviedb.org/talk/52643b841...9f2?page=2

Thanks Martijn for making Travis to make a quick fix Smile
My english is not so good, so maybe I have not fully understood the thread from the link above. So what I understood is that the old links to the movie posters are not longer used. Does this meen I have to scrape all my movies again when a fix is availlable? Is there an easyer way to just update the image links in the database?

Regards.
If now feels like a good time to populate your local file system with illusive remote artwork, give the mklocal.py script a go. It will download the remote artwork you have defined in your media library - direct from the source web site and not from the texture cache (as per Export Library) where the image quality may have been compromised - and can also re-point your media library to use this new local artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just to let everyone know, the scraper has been updated to use the new URL, so if you do want to rescan your library you can. All new movies added will use the new image URLs.

A direct SQL query to update the video database could be crafted if anyone cares to do so (basically need to search and replace "cf2.imgobject.com" with "d3gtl9l2a4fn1j.cloudfront.net").

Another simpler option (that avoids rescanning or direct database manipulation) may be available soon, possibly.
(2013-10-21, 13:29)scudlee Wrote: A direct SQL query to update the video database could be crafted if anyone cares to do so (basically need to search and replace "cf2.imgobject.com" with "d3gtl9l2a4fn1j.cloudfront.net").

Although presumably that will also stop working if/when they change this base URL.

(2013-10-21, 13:29)scudlee Wrote: Another simpler option (that avoids rescanning or direct database manipulation) may be available soon, possibly.

Converting the remote artwork to local (and updating the library via JSON) is possible.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Has this issue been resolved?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MovieDB not scraping Artwork1