Can't play 1080p on Ion?
Are you saying TCM are broadcasting at 1808x976? That seems weird!

Why are you transcoding in the first place?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm saying that sometimes the .ts is 1808. Most are 1920. Not sure if it is TCM or if it is my cable provider's fault or what.

I'm transcoding to save space. "Broadway Rhythm.ts" is 10.6G mpeg2 and is about 1/2 that size when converted to .mkv (with my settings). We have 6T worth of movies (and another 6T for backup) and my wife doesn't like me wasting money. The quality is still quite good so I am happy.
Wll I tested that file and indeed like nickr suspected the ION doesnt seem to have enough teeth with one core to playback that video, so I wonder if with the 10bit patch from fritsch would release more cores for this playback thus making it ok.

However result was no, error went mad to 14798% and fps was @~9.3 ~11 so.

Converted to 1920x1036 and the playback was purrrfect like butter.

You could force the recordings and whatnot to capture and upscale after the fact as the results are definitively fantastic.
OK so how does the .ts playback on the ion device? It will have to decode in software but mpeg2 is way easier to decode than x264.

Maybe you could resize to 720p - that will certainly play OK.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I don't have the original .ts. I think I understand the problem and possible solutions well enough. I am very greatful for all of the help. If you want to continue the discussion I am happy to provide any information that I can.

I am still going to retire this motherboard in favor of one with a little more umph (yeah, I trade my current problems with some new ones). If someone wants this board, I am willing to send it to them, if the shipping is not insane. Zotac IONTIX-F-E (mini-itx) with 4G ram.
Well I would gladly take you up on that offer, but when your using words like shipping, it means your a world apart (I'm somewhere in UK) so shipping will be insane, I love the ION's and think its better platform than many of the newer stuff outthere these days, still... I would rather instead of converting the TS to whatever is now, just adjust the settings in handbrake and problem solved.
@fbacher see this http://www.datafilehost.com/get.php?file=7045983b nice and smooth on ION. Download wont start straight away, but it will start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't play 1080p on Ion?0