ServerWMC and pvr.wmc Wiki Pages
kr stumbled across something similar a while back. We discussed it briefly at the time but I was just starting the wiki and we were still trying to manage the mega-thread so it got lost in the shuffle. Thanks for reminding me. It's done.

Also, could you take a quick look at this and make sure it's correct? I want to make sure I have the basics in there for now. This will obviously change following the Gotham release.

Remux active recordings - This remuxes the active recording to a TS file before being streamed to XBMC. Files can be played right away but may encounter issues when attempting to timeshift. Disabling this option will stream the WTV file directly to the XBMC player. This will allow for smoother timeshifting but will cause the recording to stop prematurely as XBMC does not monitor the size of WTV files. Premature stopping of playback can easily be resumed by pressing play again which effectively communicates the new file size (and in turn new end point) to the XBMC player. This setting will be used more in the Gotham release affecting the ability of clients to resume playback. The default setting is enabled.

The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
TechLife, I think that covers it well. Thanks.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Awesome. Thanks. It took a while to turn the book scarecrow wrote me into a short paragraph so I wanted to make sure I got it right lol. That's not to say that I would have it any other way...I can't express how much I appreciate the detailed responses I receive from you guys. Believe it or not, it actually makes my job easier. It's a lot easier to summarize something when you understand what you're talking about.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
The new screenshots are up with descriptions for the new build. There are only a couple things I need a brain dump on:

Set the maximum run time of a Live TV stream
Enable prime viewing time

I saw somewhere a manual test version of launch after record posted here. I know it's still in early stages. Would you like that information to be added to the advanced section or should I hold off for now?

Whenever you guys have a chance it would be great and I'll get things updated. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.
Set the maximum run time of a Live TV stream

ServerWMC will stop a stream after it has been running for this long. This is if you want to avoid things like accidentally leaving a TV channel streaming all night (and potentially running out of hard drive space etc). It also guards against rogue/crashed MB3 clients, since as long as the MB3 server is in communication with us, we keep the streams it has requested going, even if it's client has crashed out. For XBMC we are aware of each client so generally this isnt needed there since we already shut down a stream if a client is no longer active (incase it didnt shut down cleanly). The default value of 0 hours means that no maximum run time is set, and they will run indefinitely if left to do so.

Krusty will need to tell you where he is using the prime viewing time setting because we had discussions about it and ultimatley could plan for this to be used by a number of options/features... but as of now I think it may just be defining a time of day that the above maximum run time should not be enforced (eg if you say your prime viewing time is 4pm to midnight, and have set a 2 hour max stream time, this will stop the 2 hours taking affect during the nominated prime time... it will onlytake affect outside those hours). Krusty will need to confirm

And yes, if you can add the External Actions stuff to the advanced section in the wiki that might lead to more people actually using it, as I havent heard of anyone doing so yet!!! I posted some info about it in the feature request thread
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Hey guys, sorry I am late.

Scarecrow is right about max run time, except if the server detects the client has crashed, it will stop the stream regardless of the max run time. This is the way it works currently, we have discussed making it work the other way, but for now it was easier to do it this way. Also for people who want to sit there with a stop watch and time it, when the stream actually stops will not be exactly when the run time is hit, but withing 8 minutes after that time.

For prime view time, he is dead on. No streams will be stopped due to max run length during this time period. Like he says, we have talked about a number of features to enable during a 'prime view time', so with the new max run length, I though it would be a good time to get it out there.

Also notice that pre-start tuners is gone. It defaults to off and can only be enabled by hand editing the config file.
Awesome. Thanks guys. I'll get it up there tonight.
I have updated the wiki to reflect changes in 1134.

I'm still around and very interested in the project. I have not had time in the last couple months to hang out in the forums unfortunately. Real life has been crazy hectic for me.

If there is anything that comes up in the forums that should be added, please PM or email me and I'll be sure it makes it in there. I will do my best to get back here on a regular basis as soon as I can.

Keep up the great work guys!!
Man, that is good news, I was getting concerned. Hope things smooth out for you soon. We have a new release probably tomorrow, no changes to the gui though.
(2014-02-08, 07:53)scarecrow420 Wrote: Set the maximum run time of a Live TV stream

ServerWMC will stop a stream after it has been running for this long. This is if you want to avoid things like accidentally leaving a TV channel streaming all night (and potentially running out of hard drive space etc). It also guards against rogue/crashed MB3 clients, since as long as the MB3 server is in communication with us, we keep the streams it has requested going, even if it's client has crashed out. For XBMC we are aware of each client so generally this isnt needed there since we already shut down a stream if a client is no longer active (incase it didnt shut down cleanly). The default value of 0 hours means that no maximum run time is set, and they will run indefinitely if left to do so.

Krusty will need to tell you where he is using the prime viewing time setting because we had discussions about it and ultimatley could plan for this to be used by a number of options/features... but as of now I think it may just be defining a time of day that the above maximum run time should not be enforced (eg if you say your prime viewing time is 4pm to midnight, and have set a 2 hour max stream time, this will stop the 2 hours taking affect during the nominated prime time... it will onlytake affect outside those hours). Krusty will need to confirm

And yes, if you can add the External Actions stuff to the advanced section in the wiki that might lead to more people actually using it, as I havent heard of anyone doing so yet!!! I posted some info about it in the feature request thread

I've had 2-3 instances now where I've woken up and XBMC crashed (or somehting happened) and the stream went on all night long. It's happening in Gotham. Anyway, I started using this setting today so I'll report back if it still is happening.
Well, I'm still breathing. I'm still using SWMC/pvr.wmc every day too. Not sure I could do one without the other. Smile

I have updated the SWMC wiki for build 1171. Haven't changed anything on pvr.wmc but I'm not sure it needs anything until Helix.

I really wish I could be around more. Someday I hope to be back in here like I used to be. If there is anything pressing I have missed, let me know and I'll get it done. It's the least I can do...

Keep up the great work guys!

EDIT: I removed the repo info on the pvr.wmc page and edited that section since it's now included with Gotham/Helix
Well swmc was written to run unattended, so its possible for one without the other.

Thanks for the update Techlife. The niners definitely did better when you were around, so I'm looking forward to when you have more time. Don't wait for the season to end.
It's comforting to know that in the even in the event of my untimely demise, swmc will keep on running.

I had no idea my absence had such major ramifications. I guess I need to get on it if I want to see that NE/SF Superbowl. Let me see what I can do.
Hmmm...based on today's outcome, it looks like there is something to your theory, Krusty. It would make the wife very happy too! Again, let me see what I can do. Wink
The wiki hasn't been updated in a while (except for what I did yesterday) and I need to go through it again closely. If you could elaborate a bit on what you mean, that would be helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC and pvr.wmc Wiki Pages0