Channelz - Not sure if this is ok
Hi All,

I came across this site while looking for a xbmc logo.png.

http://channelzmedia.com/index.html

Now I could be wrong but charging for XBMC with a custom skin seems against the xbmc ethos to me!

Any thoughts?

Thought I would bring it to your attention.

Cheers

Zoot
200 bucks to install free software?!? I guess there's one born every minute!

I'd be interested to know if any of that money gets back to the foundation.

Tobor
It's stupid, but doesn't break any open source licensing rules.
(2013-10-21, 15:03)Tobor Wrote: I'd be interested to know if any of that money gets back to the foundation.

Nope.
There is value to the consumer of someone else setting up their software. If XBMC worked out of the box for everyone all of the time, these forums would be pretty empty. Whether it is worth $200 is another matter. Having said that, we have all spent far more than $200 worth of time, even at minimum wage rate, on our systems.

The problem is continued support. When that company ceases to be responsive to support requests, and the users realise that they really bought XBMC, they'll be here looking for support for a system that has all sorts of unknown mods and addons.

At that point I guess we send them to the HUB LOL.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Fair enough then.

I see they have channel1 plugin in on their pictures, I wonder if they discuss the legality of it?

I imagine not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channelz - Not sure if this is ok0