Android 'Error 2 share not available' smb Mac help
New user trying to stream files locally from my Macbook running mountain lion, latest version, with latest xbmc to my nexus 7 or galaxy s3 with latest versions of xbmc on both . Trying to stream movies from my external hard drive on my Mac to android devices using smb.

On the Macbook side smb is turned on, afp as well, and the external hard drive and folder is selected to read and write for everyone.

On the Android xbmc, both nexus 7 (2012) and galaxy s3 (us) I go to add files in the video category and click browse and then click on smb. Nothing comes up or the error 2 share not available notification pops up.

I'm a blank slate on networking and have no clue what I'm doing. I've searched our help forum and haven't been able to find anything. Tried searching for it and still can't come up with anything. I know this is still in testing but any help would be great and really appreciate it. If anyone has a step by step or a link thanks.
I'm having problems with XBMC in OUYA, but I know from previous experience with my ATV2 that if you share an external hd from your mac, the external hd needs to be formated in HFS to work with XBMC, I guess that could be your problem.
Hey thanks for the reply. I'm a noon with networking and needed to just put the Ip address for the laptop, name of the folder where the movies are located, sign in and password for the laptop. With mountain lion you need to fill ever space before the mac will let you even browse the folder for the movies. Also samba with mountain lion stinks. Once I was allowed into the smb folder after putting in the above info it still wouldn't let me see the movies. After some more research I installed samba up and activated it and now it works perfectly. No problems accessing the network with samba up. Macs make the easiest things difficult. Did ntsf via paragon with my external hard drive. Now trying to figure out the best setup for my living room to run xbmc directly with a device that I can connect my usb hard drive with. Ouya, Mac mini, mx2? Any ideas

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Error 2 share not available' smb Mac help0