Req My TMM wish list
Hello again!

I've been using TMM exclusively for movies now for a few weeks and would like to use it for TV shows also. I'm transitioning away from EMM and while I know the TV Shows section is still a WIP I have put together a list of things I would like to see in TMM at some point in the future (if possible, I know some things may not be and that's ok!)

Movies:

1) Have the ability to filter posters/fanart by language - This is not really a big deal at all and I know it is totally dependent on if the service supplying the images even separates them by language in the first place and is mostly out of TMMs control anyway, but it would be nice if possible.

2) Option to hide the subtitle column on the main movie list - I know the GUI is scheduled for an overhaul so it would be nice if this made the cut at some point. It would make the list a bit cleaner for people (like me) who don't use separate subtitles for many movies.

3) Another item that is probably already planned for the GUI overhaul, but I would personally like to see the fanart image on a selected movie scaled based on if the movie information pane is up or not. The poster already does this, becoming smaller when the pane is up and larger when the pane is down, but the fanart image seems to be static so gets covered up a little when the movie info pane is up.

4) Filter the main movie list to show only new movies added this session. - I know I have asked about this before but wanted to put it on this list anyway. Newly added movies are already marked by being green until they are scraped, it would be great to be able to filter out all other movies from the list to only show these.

5) I know manipulating files without user interaction is something TMM is trying to stay away from (with good reason, it is much safer than automatic) but one feature that EMM had that I think would be a good addition to TMM for those of us who are OCD about our file structure is a movie/TV renaming "wizard". Basically EMM had a function where it would scour the database for any filenames that are out of specification (according to how the user has the renamer set up) and list ones that should be changed. The user would then have the option to rename the files or not. I know this isn't something that the typical user would use every day but I know that it helped me a lot when I was reworking my file structure.

TV Shows:

Again, I understand that the TV Show section of TMM is still a WIP but I wanted to weigh in on some of the features I like most from other program that I currently see missing from TMM. I certainly don't expect you guys to drop everything and cater to my personal wishes. Tongue

6) Handling scraping season posters at the same time as the main show info - Right now when you scrape a completely new show into TMM you get the main poster/banner and show info scraped. Then you have to do the poster for each season individually. A bit of a pain, but I'm sure it's already on the to-do list.

7) Filter posters into individual sections of the scraping process based on context - This is similar to #6, but right now when scraping TV posters in TMM you get a mix of main posters and season posters all together. Putting the scraping of a new show into a step-by-step process, when scraping season 3 of a show should only display images specific to season 3.

8) Filter the TV show list to only display shows/seasons/episodes that are missing some kind of data (nfo, posters, episode thumb etc). - This is a feature I have not seen in any program yet and would *love* for it to be in TMM first. It goes back to my OCD nature of needing to have every file perfect, but sometimes SickBeard will download an episode before a thumbnail becomes available and tracking them down after the fact is a huge pain. Same goes for season posters. When a new season for a show starts it will sometimes be a few days before a season-specific poster shows up on TheTVDB, so tracking down which shows are missing what files can be a pain.

9) One more small display thing that I am sure is on the To-Do list - When selecting a season of a show in the TV list TMM won't show the poster for that season. It will only show the poster for that season if an episode within that season is selected.

That's it! A huge thank you again to the devs for making what is a great contender in the XBMC metadata manager arena, I can't wait to see the continued improvements you make to what has already become my favorite movie manager!
Client: XBMCuntu Frodo - ASRock ION 330 Pro - Logitech Harmony One
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage
(2013-10-22, 15:38)IceNine Wrote: Hello again!

I've been using TMM exclusively for movies now for a few weeks and would like to use it for TV shows also. I'm transitioning away from EMM and while I know the TV Shows section is still a WIP I have put together a list of things I would like to see in TMM at some point in the future (if possible, I know some things may not be and that's ok!)

Movies:

1) Have the ability to filter posters/fanart by language - This is not really a big deal at all and I know it is totally dependent on if the service supplying the images even separates them by language in the first place and is mostly out of TMMs control anyway, but it would be nice if possible.

2) Option to hide the subtitle column on the main movie list - I know the GUI is scheduled for an overhaul so it would be nice if this made the cut at some point. It would make the list a bit cleaner for people (like me) who don't use separate subtitles for many movies.

3) Another item that is probably already planned for the GUI overhaul, but I would personally like to see the fanart image on a selected movie scaled based on if the movie information pane is up or not. The poster already does this, becoming smaller when the pane is up and larger when the pane is down, but the fanart image seems to be static so gets covered up a little when the movie info pane is up.

4) Filter the main movie list to show only new movies added this session. - I know I have asked about this before but wanted to put it on this list anyway. Newly added movies are already marked by being green until they are scraped, it would be great to be able to filter out all other movies from the list to only show these.

5) I know manipulating files without user interaction is something TMM is trying to stay away from (with good reason, it is much safer than automatic) but one feature that EMM had that I think would be a good addition to TMM for those of us who are OCD about our file structure is a movie/TV renaming "wizard". Basically EMM had a function where it would scour the database for any filenames that are out of specification (according to how the user has the renamer set up) and list ones that should be changed. The user would then have the option to rename the files or not. I know this isn't something that the typical user would use every day but I know that it helped me a lot when I was reworking my file structure.

TV Shows:

Again, I understand that the TV Show section of TMM is still a WIP but I wanted to weigh in on some of the features I like most from other program that I currently see missing from TMM. I certainly don't expect you guys to drop everything and cater to my personal wishes. Tongue

6) Handling scraping season posters at the same time as the main show info - Right now when you scrape a completely new show into TMM you get the main poster/banner and show info scraped. Then you have to do the poster for each season individually. A bit of a pain, but I'm sure it's already on the to-do list.

7) Filter posters into individual sections of the scraping process based on context - This is similar to #6, but right now when scraping TV posters in TMM you get a mix of main posters and season posters all together. Putting the scraping of a new show into a step-by-step process, when scraping season 3 of a show should only display images specific to season 3.

8) Filter the TV show list to only display shows/seasons/episodes that are missing some kind of data (nfo, posters, episode thumb etc). - This is a feature I have not seen in any program yet and would *love* for it to be in TMM first. It goes back to my OCD nature of needing to have every file perfect, but sometimes SickBeard will download an episode before a thumbnail becomes available and tracking them down after the fact is a huge pain. Same goes for season posters. When a new season for a show starts it will sometimes be a few days before a season-specific poster shows up on TheTVDB, so tracking down which shows are missing what files can be a pain.

9) One more small display thing that I am sure is on the To-Do list - When selecting a season of a show in the TV list TMM won't show the poster for that season. It will only show the poster for that season if an episode within that season is selected.

That's it! A huge thank you again to the devs for making what is a great contender in the XBMC metadata manager arena, I can't wait to see the continued improvements you make to what has already become my favorite movie manager!

For number 4 you can filter by Date Added and it will group all the new items together.

I would also really like to see number 5.
(2013-10-22, 18:14)Axodious Wrote:
(2013-10-22, 15:38)IceNine Wrote: Hello again!

Movies:

TV Shows:

For number 4 you can filter by Date Added and it will group all the new items together.

I would also really like to see number 5.

Yup, that is my current workaround. I guess I would still like to see it as an official feature, but it certainly isn't a dealbreaker.
Client: XBMCuntu Frodo - ASRock ION 330 Pro - Logitech Harmony One
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage
we will definitely have a look at this - but don't expect much to be done the next two weeks (I am busy with other things than tmm Tongue )
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My TMM wish list0