What hardware should I get?
I want to:

1. Spend $120 or less
2. Turn my non-smart tv (with hdmi and usb ports) into a smart one capable of surfing the internet (including adobe flash) and running xbmc
3. Watch home videos/photos stored on my network connected WD mybook live on my nonsmart tv
4. Watch 720p tv shows/movies through xbmc add-ons on my tv
5. Connect a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard to my tv (for emailing/other stuff over internet). I want Bluetooth as I want to be able to use the keyboard for my ipad as well.
6. Be able to use miracast to mirror my win 8 laptop screen onto the tv
7. use my galaxy s4 phone as a remote control for sbmc.

I was leaning toward the rikomagic android quad core mini pc MK802 IV cause it seemed to be able to do all that for cheap. Do you think that's the right choice? Seemed there was a lot of negativity on this board in regards to android devices so was worried. But I don't need a full fledged media server that lets me view my media on all my devices (my mybooklive NAS already does that for me).

Can an ouya do all the above for me too? I don't care about video games but I'd set my sister up with it if it could do all the above (I don't think I can do internet though).

Thanks a lot.
I think a raspberry pi would handle most of those? Not sure about miracast.
Ouya should all that.Ive never tried side loading a miracast app but it might work. I would not recommend the raspberry pi for this, I have both and the pi isn't best suited for web browsing. Plus the Ouya has Bluetooth already.
(2013-10-23, 03:14)calev Wrote: Ouya should all that.Ive never tried side loading a miracast app but it might work.

Is there a miracast app? I can't find a mention of one on the internet for ouya who I think customs their android version.

Raspberry pi is Linux right? I think miracast only works with Windows and android (unless I'm wrong).
You can install android apps not made for ouya through a process called sideloading. Its really just putting the app on a usb drive or downloading it from the built in web browser and installing it that way. Not every android app works well on the ouya. Many do, like netflix, onlive ect...

Yes the Pi runs linux.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What hardware should I get?0