WIP Testing Gotham audio settings rework
All those settings need to be documented in the wiki at one point. Especially the "optimized" setting is something which causes confusion when explaining. Btw. when samplerate changes in Optimized Mode, the resampler needs to be updated, therefore it cannot be kept as is. It is only concerning channels.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Looks like Optimized confused even me then, as I thought it prevented sample rate changes during playback as well, so we might need to update the help string then.

If there's no other volunteers I'll update the wiki.
jjd-uk your explanation of "optimized" was correct and I would keep it. fritsch is also correct but was referring to internals which don't need to be exposed to users. Creating a resampler does not harm when a new stream is started but for gapless playback and crossfading we can't reconfigure the output (sink) because this process would eat some audio.
Is there now a way by pressing one button to change output from digital to analog (2 connection. One is analog to TV, Second is digital to home theater).
is it possible that in options like Output configuration that the settings description cause newline in the descriptions so its

Select how the properties of the audio output are set:
[Fixed] - output properties are set to the specified sampling rate & speaker configuration at all times;
[Best Match] - output properties are set to always be as close a match to the source properties as possible;
[Optimized] - output properties are set at the start of playback and will not change if the properties of the source changes.

Currently its like all in one long line...

Select how the properties of the audio output are set: [Fixed] - output properties are set to the specified sampling rate & speaker configuration at all times. [Best Match] - output properties are set to always be as close a match to the source properties as possible; [Optimized] - output properties are set at the start of playback and will not change if the properties of the source changes.

The current is hard to read... the former would be easier to read. Especially when it starts scrolling ><

Other settings descriptors which would benefit of this treatment are normalise levels on downmix. and Resample Quality and Keep audio device alive all a great example of similar hard to read long line...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testing Gotham audio settings rework0