Maverick
So I upgraded to Mavericks, all went well, using Cassiel's 12.2 version with the mavericks patch.
It runs fine for the most part and like others have pointed out, the mouse has minor issues, I'm using a remote most of the time, so it's not exactly a problem.

The one annoying issue I've encountered is that XBMC insists on starting up in 16bit color mode.

As seen here:
10/22/2013 10:08:21.858 PM WindowServer[89]: Display 0x04280140: Unit 0: Mode 1680 x 1050, CGSSixteenBitColor, Resolution 1, ioModeID 0x80001001, ioModeDepth 0x1, IOReturn 0x0
10/22/2013 10:08:21.860 PM WindowServer[89]: Display mode changed

So as you can imagine, banding everywhere on the UI and on playback.

The workaround is to change the res to something else in xbmc and 32bit will return, then change it back to the original resolution.

This happens everytime XBMC is started. I've also tested with an empty config folder, same issue.

If I force the system to only use the Intel or only the nVidia, it will start in 32bit more correctly.

However, if I leave automatic switching enabled, it will switch to the nVidia GPU when XBMC starts and somehow select 16bit instead of 32bit color.

This is on 10.9 final using a MacBook pro which contains an Intel HD4000 and an nVidia GT650M video card.

This was fine in 10.8 with automatic switching enabled.
hi there,

i upgraded to the latest OS X Mavericks and to the latest Nightly Build. With the use of RemoteBuddy XBMC reacts like you will see in the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anDIWSGlk98

i think the problem is on the side of remote buddy, but i am not sure because xbmc recognizes the inputs with a big lag and repeats it 4-5 times....
whats wrong?
(2013-10-22, 23:32)cecemf Wrote: Marverick is out and free !

Hoping for XBMC to be compatible soon Wink

Good luck to you guys in the dev team hopefully there is not too much work

(2013-10-13, 12:05)Cassiel Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 19:27)tripkip Wrote: Is there anyone willing to share his build of XBMC Frodo with the Mavericks patch?

XBMC 12.2 "Frodo" with Gotham AudioEngine patch for OS X 10.9 "Mavericks":
https://db.tt/QoluDqDQ

Great thanks will try that out

this stopped working. when you go to the link it says "This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

can somebody please update it somewhere else?

thanks
(2013-10-23, 01:03)angryninjas Wrote: I know updating an entire program like XBMC is painstakingly difficult (I'm a coder myself), but that's the reason Apple releases a developer preview... so software developers can get their programs updated before public release day. Granted, I know it's a diffucult process, and hey, XBMC is free, so I'm not gonna complain or anything, but I figured they would have something available by the time Mavericks went full retail. No worries, it will just be that much better once released.

You assume that XBMC developers are part of the apple developer program for haveing access to those. I stated that multiple times and am a bit sick of it now.

We keep telling people to not jump on new trains all the time when using XBMC as they have to be aware of incompatibility issues. But they keep doing it and then blame us - its annoying really and feels like shit.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-10-23, 12:53)Memphiz Wrote:
(2013-10-23, 01:03)angryninjas Wrote: I know updating an entire program like XBMC is painstakingly difficult (I'm a coder myself), but that's the reason Apple releases a developer preview... so software developers can get their programs updated before public release day. Granted, I know it's a diffucult process, and hey, XBMC is free, so I'm not gonna complain or anything, but I figured they would have something available by the time Mavericks went full retail. No worries, it will just be that much better once released.

You assume that XBMC developers are part of the apple developer program for haveing access to those. I stated that multiple times and am a bit sick of it now.

We keep telling people to not jump on new trains all the time when using XBMC as they have to be aware of incompatibility issues. But they keep doing it and then blame us - its annoying really and feels like shit.
also you are complaining!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Dear all,

Having installed and updated my Imac to run Maverick, XBMC is no longer working.

What should I do? Will there be an update soon for OS?

I await your reply,

Cheers,

Splatty Big Grin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166992
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maverick1