Maverick
I'm having this same mouse issue with both the Gotham builds and the custom Frodo build in Mavericks. You're only able to move it in a small fraction of the screen area. I had this problem a while back with Frodo on Mountain Lion when I wrote an applescript that launched XBMC in it. I never received a reply on the issue. The behavior is identical.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170519

Oh, also to others reporting the menubar issue on secondary monitors a workaround is to uncheck "Displays have separate Spaces" in Mission Control's preference pane and restart/relogin. You lose the menubars on the other screens of course.
We are working on replaceing the complete windowing and input system on osx with native osx sdk functions. This will last some time before it is complete but we are pretty sure this should solve all the issues between different osx versions. But keep in mind we osx devs have a really limited time for working on XBMC. So please just beeeeee patient Smile.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well Memphiz, since we have the patch of Cassiel, we can wait more time Smile

Thank you all devs for your work, and as usual, no ETA, so don't worry about that, you devs still work faster than big companies Smile
Memphiz,

No problem. I'm patient. Just doing my part in reporting problems. Cassiel's build will help quite a lot. Having to navigate via keyboard isn't the end of the world. Smile
dustinwilson, here you have a fix for the mouse problem... to me it helped, I dunno if it is same mouse problem in yours:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169795

BTW, other problem, I think I already said it before, but just in case, in 2nd monitor, the menubar is not hiding when FULLSCREEN #2, it is extremely annoying.

Just for u to know, u have there that bug to fix when possible.
Thanks, fjusdado. I'll try that later today. You can just disable the menubars on the other screens by unchecking "Displays have separate Spaces" in Mission Control's preference pane until XBMC and others are able to account for its existence. To be honest even some of Apple's own apps like iTunes doesn't really do a good job going full screen either.

Edit: Well, apparently in one of the newer builds if you do that you lose the ability to have full screen per screen except in apps that have made it work per screen like XBMC. Ugh. Hope when XBMC updates it they don't break this for those who don't want menubars on each screen.
Marverick is out and free !

Hoping for XBMC to be compatible soon Wink

Good luck to you guys in the dev team hopefully there is not too much work

(2013-10-13, 12:05)Cassiel Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 19:27)tripkip Wrote: Is there anyone willing to share his build of XBMC Frodo with the Mavericks patch?

XBMC 12.2 "Frodo" with Gotham AudioEngine patch for OS X 10.9 "Mavericks":
https://db.tt/QoluDqDQ

Great thanks will try that out
iMac OS X 10.10, ATV3, LG 3D TV, Onkyo Home cinema 5.1,SLICE/OpenELEC/HELIX
The Mavericks 10.9 patched version of Frodo above didn't work for me. Worked on first launch, then crashed about 2 minutes into it, then it wouldn't reopen again. Crashes instantly on start. Gotham works on Mavericks 10.9 for me (nightly build), but still had to do the mouse trick to get the mouse to move over the entire screen. (control-F, click green ball to expand, then click window>toggle), but still won't allow my mouse to go all the way down to the power button area... still, it lets me move the pointer and click anywhere above that, so I guess that's as good as it will get until a true Mavericks compatible version of XBMC comes out Sad I don't usually use the on screen power button anyways, or even the mouse very often... usually use my iphone as my xbmc remote.

I'm on Retail Mavericks 10.9 (not DP or GM)
2013 11" Macbook Air
XBMC 12.2 Stable (failed)
XBMC 12.2 With Mavericks Patch (failed)
XBMC 13.0 Nightly Build (works... kind of...)
>Just fyi - we don't care about mavericks until its released.

It's released. Can we get an indication of whether there'll be a patch to the 12.x branch for this ? Earlier dropbox link to patched version looks down.

No more media center unless I try running a pre-beta version or clean re-install of the older version of the OS... Ouch. My bad for not checking prior to updating I guess.

View count on this thread is 14,000 and rocketing. Would it have been less pain to address this during pre-release rather than waiting?
Like others got caught out by this, I upgraded to Mavericks today (hey, free!) and found XBMC not working but then was relieved to find the patched version hosted by a generous member.

I've discovered one other problem though that others may or may not be aware of. I associated filetype .mkv with XBMC and have always been able to simply open a file and have XBMC launch and playback the file. With the patched version, when I do this, XBMC loads up but the video is not loaded and does not play. I must browse to it manually in order to begin playback.

Thanks for developers spending time on this.
Did you have to do anything special to get the patched version to work? It wouldn't work for me... I have gotham limping along though, so at least I have something.

Whitecat: I agree. I know updating an entire program like XBMC is painstakingly difficult (I'm a coder myself), but that's the reason Apple releases a developer preview... so software developers can get their programs updated before public release day. Granted, I know it's a diffucult process, and hey, XBMC is free, so I'm not gonna complain or anything, but I figured they would have something available by the time Mavericks went full retail. No worries, it will just be that much better once released.
wish i read this before updating :/
(2013-10-23, 01:05)Enzetsu Wrote: wish i read this before updating :/

Yeah, me too!

Installed Mavericks on my MacBook Pro without a hitch, everything still works. Figured the 2009 Mac mini I used as a media centre would be fine. Ooops!

Downloading the fixed version now.... hope it works, otherwise I'm restoring the Time Machine backup.
(2013-10-22, 23:32)cecemf Wrote: Marverick is out and free !

(2013-10-13, 12:05)Cassiel Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 19:27)tripkip Wrote: Is there anyone willing to share his build of XBMC Frodo with the Mavericks patch?

XBMC 12.2 "Frodo" with Gotham AudioEngine patch for OS X 10.9 "Mavericks":

So far this has worked great for me on iMac 2011 no issue to report apart from the mouse but never use it so it's ok for me
iMac OS X 10.10, ATV3, LG 3D TV, Onkyo Home cinema 5.1,SLICE/OpenELEC/HELIX
(2013-10-23, 01:38)cecemf Wrote:
(2013-10-22, 23:32)cecemf Wrote: Marverick is out and free !

(2013-10-13, 12:05)Cassiel Wrote: XBMC 12.2 "Frodo" with Gotham AudioEngine patch for OS X 10.9 "Mavericks":

So far this has worked great for me on iMac 2011 no issue to report apart from the mouse but never use it so it's ok for me

Build is great the only issue I am having is with airplaying sound to my tv, I usually just airplay my monitor to the apple tv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maverick1