• 9(current)
OS X Problem with SMB protocol after updating to Mac OS Maverick
So what is your setup? Are you sharing USB connected HDD to Mac OS X via NFS for Kodi? I have no experience in this case but have never had problems with NFS shares on internal hard drives both on Mavericks and now on Yosemite when using NFS Manager. It is not free, but you can use it skipping the licence window all the time, the licence is, or at least was so far, considered more as a donation than something that unlocks certain features.
That's odd. My reply post disappeared or I forgot to post it.... Anyway, I'm using one export for the internal RAID drive setup and one for an external USB 3.0 drive. NFS Manager changes the /etc/exports file and the changes do appear on the AppleTV with XBMC on it, but I can't enter the directories. That's what happens if I run NFSD without the -N option (allow clients to run as non-root). If there's a way to get it to activate the -N option from there, I don't see it and if it tried to change the PLIST file it would run into the same SIP block.

I've had someone confirm that a USB recovery disk setup will let me disable SIP and fix the -N setting (it seems the change is in NVRam or something). That should fix the problem as soon as I can go buy another USB flash drive and set it up.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
I have just upgraded from Yosemite 10.10.5 to El Capitan 10.11.1 and all my NFS shares work without any issues.

I remember thought switching from Mavericks to Yosemite, my NFS shares stopped working but all I had to do is to delete and re-add the NFS shares.
error
sorry
Hello

I 've got the same issue on my Mac under El Capitan.

Everything was fine under Maverick, all my NFS stop working under Yosemite.

No chance with El Capitan.

It appears that a -N option is missing according to the wiki on this : http://kodi.wiki/view/NFS (read 2.1.3 point)

we have tot change /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nfsd.plist in order to work but on my mac I don't have the com.apple.nfsd.plist file so I can(t modify anything.

And you?
I just installed Kodi 15.2 on a Fire TV stick (Firestarter launcher installed as well). My old Gen 1 AppleTV running XBMC Eden sees NFS shares just fine (I have SIP disabled and -N back in place), but Kodi on the Fire TV just spins the busy indicator over and over and over from ZeroConf. SMB doesn't work either using Apple's own SMB (If I disable that and use SMBUp instead that works, however. But in the past I had some odd speed-up and stutter/repeat issues with SMBuP so that's one of the reasons I switched to NFS on Eden. I thought newer versions of XBMC and then Kodi worked with Apple's SMB OK so unless maybe SMBuP changed something in the process that is breaking it when I turn on Apple's own, I don't know what's wrong. If I turn on OS X's SMB in preference under file sharing, my other Macs can connect just fine so it can't be too broken.

At this stage, SMBuP might be my only option. I don't understand why NFS works on the ATV running Eden, but not Isengard on FireTV.

Edit: Codyairman found the solution in another thread. Setting the GUEST account in OS X to allow logins with shared drive access (it was only set to allow shared access before, not logins) instantly fixed both NFS and SMB3 here for Fire TV Kodi 12.2 Isengard (so far). I don't know why it needs login access to function (my NFS is set up with -N and worked in Eden on Gen1 ATV), but suddenly the shares are showing up fine.

EDIT 2: OK, it's not working as well as I thought. Detection of the shares comes and goes now. It'll ZeroConf recognize one and not the other and then the other way around or both or neither. It seems to be completely random whether it spins or shows up. But if you try to click on a share that is set up and it's NOT there on that time, it LOCKS UP. I have no idea what the problem is. At least Eden was consistent. I'm going to try rebooting the Mac next.

EDIT 3: I'll just point to comments in this thread instead (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2163664)

The gist is that SMB3 does work, but Zerconf is apparently only good for setting one folder up before I have to exit and restart Kodi on FireTV or it'll just spin the busy pointer. Once a directory is added, it works fine, though. The same is true for NFS and Zeroconf.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2014-10-16, 17:14)wrxtasy Wrote: Noobs Guide to OSX - NFS file sharing:

Download NFS Manager 3.9 from here.

http://www.bresink.com/osx/NFSManager.html

Start app, do not worry about the message warning box NFS DNS Check. I have never had an issue.
Also contrary to what has been said previously - > spaces in Volume names are allowed on my NFS OSX Mavericks setup.

When selecting your shared folders in XBMC, use Zeroconfig browser to add them.

This config also allows you to backup your library metadata from XBMC to the shared folders selected in NFS manager.

Configure Shares:

1. Select NFS Server > Share Definitions
2. Click plus + to add a share in Shared Folders window
3. Click "Select" below the + - and add your Folder you want to Share
4. Options - tick only this >> 'Allow clients to also mount objects in the shared folder"
5. User Mapping > Don't map users
6. Minimum Security > System standard only
7. Access Permission > Allow access from any network computer
8. Click "Apply" and you done.
9. NFS manager can now be Quit and OSX will still continue to share files and folders even after rebooting.

Note: Even if you have Wake for Network Access enabled in OSX Mavericks - Preferences > Energy Saver. Your Mac will still sleep using NFS sharing. This is a know problem and Apple still have not fixed the issue. Maybe OSX Yosemite could finally tidy this problem up.
For a sort of workaround, I recommend downloading a little app called Caffeine that sits in your top menu bar on OSX.

http://lightheadsw.com/caffeine/

You can then keep your Mac awake for various time periods before Energy Saver sleep kicks in.

EDIT 1st Feb: It seems some are still having issues accessing NFS shares. If that is the case, please add the -N flag as outlined in this NFS sharing Wiki.

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFS#NFS_sharing_from_OS_X

Follow this post to easily edit the .plist:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1910325

Tongue

OK, finally I can see my Mac on Kodi, however my connected pocket drives can't be read Sad

Please review the share definitions to correct the problem. The NFS server has returned the following description of the problem:

/Volumes/TOSHIBA SERIES using UUID 38CD44A5-03DC-4C48-A617-13DD6FC14E81
Can't export /Volumes/TOSHIBA SERIES: Operation not supported (45)
exports:2: kernel export registration failed: NFS exporting not supported by fstype "fusefs_txantfs" (fh)
/Volumes/SCI-FI + Fantasy using UUID 054A50FC-519C-45FA-94B9-67244E448AC8
Can't export /Volumes/SCI-FI + Fantasy: Operation not supported (45)
exports:3: kernel export registration failed: NFS exporting not supported by fstype "fusefs_txantfs" (fh)
/Volumes/TOSHIBA MOVIES using UUID E8ECAC1E-9CC5-4E84-A8FF-0C33FE0C0A3C
Can't export /Volumes/TOSHIBA MOVIES: Operation not supported (45)
exports:4: kernel export registration failed: NFS exporting not supported by fstype "fusefs_txantfs" (fh)
/Volumes/FreeAgent GoFlex [Music] using UUID EFCC9AFB-DA84-4FC2-B43B-956D684B4609
Can't export /Volumes/FreeAgent GoFlex [Music]: Operation not supported (45)
exports:5: kernel export registration failed: NFS exporting not supported by fstype "fusefs_txantfs" (fh)

Am I missing something?
The error indicates that sharing ntfs drives via nfs is not supported on mac os. You need to format those pocket drives with a supported file system. Fat32 or hfsplus i guess would work.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with SMB protocol after updating to Mac OS Maverick0