Library updates - date added from NFO field
Hi, I already use in the "advancedsettings.xml" the entry:

That sorts my movies by file date.

I was wondering if there was a way to sort them during library updates using the "date added" field from the NFO of the movie...
This would be much easier to change the date in management softwares like MetaBrowser instead of changing the actual file date (like if I add an old movie that was missing from a collection but I don't want it to be in the latest additions...)
I don't believe this is currently possible.
Well. that' unfortunate since the data is in the nfo... ready to use..
Thanks for confirming...
You want to use the date added value put in the NFO by XBMC? This is the date the video was added to the library so if you want to use it, stop using the file date.

You can't do both at the same time obviously.
(2013-10-24, 08:26)Kib Wrote: You want to use the date added value put in the NFO by XBMC? This is the date the video was added to the library so if you want to use it, stop using the file date.

You can't do both at the same time obviously.

Sorry, you got me confused a bit...
If I stop using the the file date in the advancedsettings.xml file, by default, XBMC will sort it by the NFO date added field?
I used this file date setting because I thought by default XBMC sort the files by the order they are scanned and added in the library... (basically from a to z, no matter what the "dateaddded" is in the nfo)
Are you generating the NFO's from XBMC?
(2013-10-24, 18:18)Kib Wrote: Are you generating the NFO's from XBMC?

no, from MetaBrowser.
In there, when I change the "date added" , it updates the NFO then XBMC scans it:
I am not sure if this information is scanned when refreshing into, but it should be scanned when you provide the NFO before the first scan.
(2013-10-24, 18:46)Kib Wrote: I am not sure if this information is scanned when refreshing into, but it should be scanned when you provide the NFO before the first scan.

Damn, I think you're right... lol just tested it on test setup...
I'll do more tests but if it's like this, when need to add a big batch in library, by default, XBMC checks the NFO dateadded field... perfect..

Thanks a lot. I just took for granted that it wasn't checking the nfo...
Nfo 's can also be generated from XBMC so it makes sense we read in all the stuff we export in the first place.

For some keys you need an advanced setting (for instance watched state is not read by default)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library updates - date added from NFO field0