Clear down space on ATV2
Hi all,

I just tried to upgrade to Frodo (v12) from Eden (v11) via NitoTV but it seemed to fail with a couple of error messages about unable to write to file as there was no space.

I went into XBMX->System->System Settings and the space details is below...

Filesystem - Size - Used - Avail - Use% - Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 - 681m - 617m - 58m - 92% - /
/dev/disk0s1s2 - 6.8g - 6.8g - 13m - 100% - /private/var

I did do a backup via XBMC Backup which I never removed from the ATV as thought the update to frodo would have got rid of it.

Also, when doing the backup I notice the backup taking a long time with the cached files from Navi-X. Is it save to remove these?

Thanks in advance
Have you read this already? http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_iOS...e.2Fmemory
Thanks, artrafael. That link is useful. Is there a tool which can clear out these caches and free up space, or does this need to be done manually?
Normally it happens automatically, but occasionally needs a kick in the pants and manually done.
Thanks, Ned.

Problem is I don't know where to start as knowing me I will delete a system file and brick the ATV.

Break first ask questions later has always been my accidental moto in life.

Is there any known directories which I can poke my nose in via FTP and delete?
"/addons/packages/" can be cleaned out too if needed.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes, here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_iOS...e.2Fmemory
I am encountering the same issue, but am ignorant on how to actually remove unwanted files via ssh. Any links to past discussions would be appreciated. Links to FAQ page have helped me confirm the problem, but there is no direction on how to actually delete.
Nevermind... figured it out... sorta. Now I need to remember how to set up 1 ch add-on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clear down space on ATV20