Hiding the "Paused" OSD after a set amount of time. [Answered]
Question 
I would like to have the Paused OSD (DialogSeekBar.xml) fade away after say 15 seconds, leaving only the video on the screen while paused.
I have tried various conditions, delays, animations and nothing works correctly.
The "Now Playing" overlay in the music visualization window works this way already, but I can't figure out how it is doing it. I assume it must be directed by XBMC and not just the skin?

Sometimes I use pause to get up and do things, or to see how much is left, but sometimes I just want to examine something on the screen for a few seconds. Having the useful info fade away after a few seconds is the only way to have the best of both scenarios.

Any ideas?
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
You could try using this:

Code:
<animation type="Conditional" condition="System.IdleTime(5) + !Player.Caching" reversible="true">
    <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="400" />
</animation>

The System.IdleTime(x) will kick in after x amount of seconds if there hasn't been any user interaction; ie. pressing a button on the remote, keyboard, etc. It's what I use on Immersive for doing exactly what you want.
Wow, Sranshaft. That worked perfectly, where did you find that? It's not used in any of the skins I have installed?

Anyway, thanks again!
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I originally needed a way to trigger my tile flip animation and started to browse through the wiki until I found something that might work with what I needed; ie. knowing if the user had interacted with XBMC. Adapted it from there to do other things - fade the DialogSeekbar.xml being one of those.

Anyway, happy to help! Big Grin
<animation type="Conditional" condition="System.IdleTime(5) + !Player.Caching" reversible="true">
</animation>

Where does this go? What file? What is the path?
(2014-02-10, 08:28)serverguy Wrote: <animation type="Conditional" condition="System.IdleTime(5) + !Player.Caching" reversible="true">
</animation>

Where does this go? What file? What is the path?

I know this thread is old, but im posting the solution that worked for me I had to edit several files to hide the paused osd, I wanted it to auto-hide after playing resumed as well.

I added this line in several places in Estuary:
xml:
<animation type="Conditional" condition="System.IdleTime(5) + !Player.Caching" reversible="true"><effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="400" /></animation>    

In Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml after this line (10):
xml:
<animation effect="slide" end="0,-90" time="300" tween="sine" easing="inout" condition="$EXP[infodialog_active]">conditional</animation>

In VideoOSD.xml after this line (24):
xml:
<animation effect="fade" time="200">VisibleChange</animation>

In DialogSeekBar.xml after this line (11):
xml:
<control type="group">

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hiding the "Paused" OSD after a set amount of time. [Answered]0