OS X Mavericks
many thanks for the help worked here
I'm new here, so please be patient! I posted a question about XBMC not working now that I've upgraded to my iMac. I was told to search the forums, but I have yet to find an appropriate answer to what I was looking for... If someone could please let me know what the situation is, or send me a link so I can learn about how to solve this problem, I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks
Does anyone know what I need to do to get XBMC working on my Mac. I just upgrade to os x mavericks; however, after I downloaded it I can no longer open up XBMC. It can download but when I try to open it it does open. it just goes away. Something is preventing me from opening XBMC. Can anyone help me or knows what I need to do.
Thanks
1) Nightlys don’t work at least for me, when you open a media source with 13.0 xbmc crash

2) Here you have the 12.2 patch (Still have the mouse problem): https://db.tt/QoluDqDQ

3) For mouse problem just put xbmc screen windowed then when you finish put it back to fullscreen
what does the 12.2 patch do? it says that there is too much traffic to that link now!

thanks
(2013-10-25, 01:04)chlobo Wrote: what does the 12.2 patch do? it says that there is too much traffic to that link now!

thanks

the patch prevent xbmc to crash on startup
thanks - can't get the patch though, dropbox give me a 509 error..
@phi i removed your post as you already had your own thread about that special problem. This thread is about generic start issues on maverick (crashing).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz, I'm a little surprised this thread was unlocked. Do you guys need more 12.2 logs to isolate the problem? Is there a patched build that you guys want us to test?
What we want everyone to do is stop complaining!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok I undertand that XBMC is free but if your community is complain for a mistake, please be generous and: 1. Tell there is a mistake! 2. help people! Post it to your facebook, that is a mistake! So i lookinf for the appropiate answer: Why dont start xmbc after installing OSX MavericksHuh Regards Zoli
(2013-10-25, 13:10)ikiss68 Wrote: Ok I undertand that XBMC is free but if your community is complain for a mistake, please be generous and: 1. Tell there is a mistake! 2. help people! Post it to your facebook, that is a mistake! So i lookinf for the appropiate answer: Why dont start xmbc after installing OSX MavericksHuh Regards Zoli

the mistake is upgrading to a fresh out OS which you shouldn't have done (and my personal opinion it never buy Apple).

Go complain to Apple because they break things and not here. It is NOT our mistake!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Everybody calm down.

The only mistake was locking the thread and threatening anyone else who asked. Given Mac OS X's adoption rates for updates, even when it's not our fault, we shouldn't be surprised when waves of users wonder why XBMC itself stopped working.

I don't know what the technical issue exactly was, but it was a case that XBMC worked just fine in 10.8 but crashed in 10.9. That's all there is to it. A solution has been found and the 12.3 bugfix release will hopefully be out soon. Until then there is a user build that can hold people over. I managed to snag it this time, so if the dropbox link goes down, let me know and I'll throw it up somewhere (maybe torrent?).

Just everyone be patient with each other and no one kill anyone else, okay?
(2013-10-25, 13:35)Ned Scott Wrote: Everybody calm down.

The only mistake was locking the thread and threatening anyone else who asked. Given Mac OS X's adoption rates for updates, even when it's not our fault, we shouldn't be surprised when waves of users wonder why XBMC itself stopped working.

I don't know what the technical issue exactly was, but it was a case that XBMC worked just fine in 10.8 but crashed in 10.9. That's all there is to it. A solution has been found and the 12.3 bugfix release will hopefully be out soon. Until then there is a user build that can hold people over. I managed to snag it this time, so if the dropbox link goes down, let me know and I'll throw it up somewhere (maybe torrent?).

Just everyone be patient with each other and no one kill anyone else, okay?

I agree I'm using the user tweaked 12.2 (sorry forgot his name) and will be happy to seed it on torrent or create a Zip file on dropbox again if anyone need it.

There is a temp solution and you guy's should advertise it instated of going around the forum insulting people who installed 10.9 !
iMac OS X 10.10, ATV3, LG 3D TV, Onkyo Home cinema 5.1,SLICE/OpenELEC/HELIX
martijn: Ok, but your program, so XBMC team should warn OSX users that dont upgrade to Mavericks if they want use XBMC! I dont see any warn on XBMC main page!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mavericks2