Win Video Quality to TV with Radeon 6450
Hi Everyone,

I have a few video card/picture quality related questions for you, but first here is my setup:

HTPC: Celeron G530, Sapphire Radeon HD 6450 1GB, 4GB DDR1333, 40GB SSD running Windows 7 and XBMC Frodo 12.2
Receiver: Harmon Kardon AVR-1600
Televisions: Samsung LN40B550 and newly purchased Panasonic TC-P60ST60

I am currently in the process of applying D-Nice's settings on the new Plasma. Once I finish the initial 100 hour break-in with slides, i'll apply his settings. However my question is, do I need to adjust any of the color/settings on my Radeon or in XBMC for picture quality? If i'm able to get the picture settings I like on my TV, I don't want to have the video card settings mess that up. Currently everything is at default.

Also, in my current setup, I have video/audio from HDMI on Radeon 6450 -> Receiver -> Samsung TV. I've noticed there is a big difference in brightness and sharpness when the HDMI is direct from the Video Card to the TV then when its from the receiver. I thought the receiver would just passthrough the video and not adjust the PQ at all, but I've noticed that its a lot softer. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Quality to TV with Radeon 64500