Bug playlist shows partial results from multipath source
Hi all,

I've got my tv shows and mini series coming from several sources: 2 external HDD directly plugged in to the XBMC machine, and a NAS connected through NFS. The HDDs are used for archived episodes and the NAS holds newly downloaded ones. That means that some shows' episodes exist both on the HDDs and on the NAS.

I've setup all paths under the same video source as a multipath - "TV Shows", so the paths in it look like this:
  • /media/HDD1/TV Shows/
  • /media/HDD2/TV Shows/
  • /media/HDD1/Mini Series/
  • nfs://192.168……/nasshare/TV Shows/
As you can see, this source includes all tv shows and mini series together, and I separate them for display through playlists.
  • playlist for tv shows has rule: path contains '/TV Shows/'
  • playlist for mini series has rule: path contains '/Mini Series/'
Here's the "TV: TV Shows" playlist:

That way, I can get files from any path in the source and match it to the playlist.

Problem:
When I go into the regular "TV Shows" link, I can see all episodes, regardless of their path in the multipath source. Furthermore, when I check info for a tv show, I can see that XBMC picked up on the fact that this show exists in more than one path in the source.
Pics from the default "TV Shows" menu item:

However, when going to the playlist, it only picks up one path for any given show. That means that it takes in to consideration only the episodes that exist in one path, and not all. That changes the number of unwatched episodes, for example.
Pics from my "TV: TV Shows" playlist (notice the change in the unwatched status, and that the path shows only the NFS source):

I believe this is a bug in XBMC's playlist behaviour and not XBMC file indexing, because once I click a certain show from the list, I can again see all of it's episodes, in all paths.

Make sense?... Any ideas?
(do you think that if I create separate video sources for each path it will fix this problem?)

Running XBMC Frodo on RasPi model B, OpenELEC 3.2.3
bump... anyone?
This is because multipaths use URL encoded paths in their URL.

Try the URL encoded form of "/TV Shows/"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-10-26, 23:10)jmarshall Wrote: This is because multipaths use URL encoded paths in their URL.

Try the URL encoded form of "/TV Shows/"

Thanks for the reply jmarshall, I didn't know that bit about the URL encoding!

The result, however, is still not the desired one. I'm getting a different subset of the multipath shows. I can't even find a coomon thing to explain the shows that do appear, it's very strange... I've created a pastebin with a list of all my shows and where they exist in the sources, and of the results in the playlist on both configurations.

Can you please check the pastebin and see if you have any ideas or explanations to this behavior?
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playlist shows partial results from multipath source0