• 4(current)
XBMC v12.2 crashing on OS X 10.9 Mavericks
(2013-10-30, 01:35)volcom45 Wrote:
(2013-10-29, 02:31)Cpuroast Wrote:
(2013-10-29, 00:23)stevellion Wrote: Yes! 12.3 build runs fine on my OSX Mavericks. (well, it doesn't crash!)

I confirm "xbmc-20131027-9d75530-Frodo-x86_64.dmg" loads and plays fine under mavericks.

A part from the known mouse issue, 2 things remain.

1. XBMC starts up in 16bit color instead of 32 when the default auto-switch GPU setting is enabled, which switches from the Intel to the nVidia GPU.
If this is disabled, it launches with the correct 32bit color. This is something new to 10.9, since 10.8 didn't have this issue.

2. The test builds aren't signed, so the firewall requests authorization every time the application is launched.
I suppose this is intentional, since these are test builds and not the final release.

codesign -dvvv /Applications/XBMC.app
/Applications/XBMC.app: code object is not signed at all

Thanks for pointing out what is going on here, Cpuroast! I've been pulling my hair trying to figure out why my 1080P video had tearing/red lines/glitches in it since mavericks and it must be the 16bit that XBMC is loading with as you say. I tried changing resolution and then changing back and my 1080P was normal again! I can't seem to find this auto switching option you speak of. I have the 2012 13" Macbook Pro with Retina display. My energy saver options don't show the graphics switching that I see in other google search results. I'd really welcome a way to load XBMC in 32bit by default and not have to switch resolutions and back every time for normal playback. Any suggestions would be welcome. Smile
Much thanks!

The autoswitch option is only on the 15" model which ships with the Integrated Intel and the nVidia discrete gpu.
The one you have only has the Intel one. So it could simply be general buggy behaviour with OpenGL in 10.9, which may be fixed in 10.9.1 when it's released. But yah, switching resolutions and switching back also fixes it for me.
to get around mouse not working while they get a fix.use arrow keys and the C key brings up the double click menu and while playing a movie space bar is pause R= rewind F=fast forward and the X key closes the movie and brings you back to the menu..sry if you all know this I'm a newbie just trying to help
Note that the mouse is working fine in master:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/9cf1...a7c683c88a

Whether or not this is backported to 12.3 is up to the release manager.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-10-29, 09:59)Memphiz Wrote: We don't sign builds as we have no official signing identity for the XBMC Foundation.

I just downloaded xbmc-20131027-9d75530-Frodo-x86_64.dmg and installed it. Before executing XBMC the first time, I set the 10.9 firewall to 'Allow applications downloaded from: Anywhere'. I then set 'Allow applications downloaded from: Mac App Store and identified developers'. I then don't see 10.9 asking for the firewall requests authorization when I execute XBMC. I do have the 10.9 firewall turned on.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
Well I thought changing resolutions and back was fixing the 16bit graphics glitches in 1080p videos, but apparently it was just the 1 video I tried. Tried a few more and still have tearing lines and such on my 13" Macbook Pro with Retina display. Memphiz, is there any other trick to forcing XBMC to load in 32bit?

Update: Wow, just noticed the properties of XBMC show it's loading in low resolution and it's grayed out from me adjusting it. Looked at my other apps and none of them have that checked or are grayed out.. any idea how to get around this, anyone?
I don't have a hardware with dual gpu so i can't tell you.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
With the 12.3 I give my remarks:

- Fullscreen in 2nd screen - Still visible the menu bar, you have to disable the separate spaces to be able to hide it.
- When moving the video 5 seconds forth or back - Takes like other 3 seconds to re-start playing, that happened to me in Gotham, but not in the 12.2 with the patch. If you just rewind, or fastforward, it works ok.

Until the moment, I only saw that, I will keep informing if I find something else...
the menubar thing will be fixed in next nightly - its up to the release manager if it will hit the final 12.3 release or not...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Version master compiled (30-oct) works ok MBP13Retina no issues with trackpad
BR
So mouse and menu bar issues have been identified and fixed (may or may not be in 12.3, but at least fixed). That leaves:

• Issue with auto-switching GPUs on certain Macbook Pros with multiple GPUs
• not really XBMC issue, but SMB serving from 10.9 looks to be an issue again. SMBUp (wiki) still seems to be a good work-around for that.

The stuttering/slow start after fast forward/rewind has been confirmed as a regression in pre12.3 and current nightly builds. Seems to be an issue on multiple platforms, so not just OS X.

Am I missing anything else, so far? I'll add these ones to the Mac FAQ (wiki) ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...vericks.29 ).

EDIT: Oh, and possible tearing/black screen in nightly/monthly builds? Can anyone confirm that, and if so, does the issue also exist in the XBMC v12.3 test builds?
Tearing that I had with Alpha 8 was not there with 12.3 test build.
I have right now in some hd movies, the movie playing in 24fps, but looks like it is going kinda fastforward!!! I didn't change anything, and goes like ff, like... lets say kinda 1.2 times the normal speed... it's quite annoying, anything experiences that too??

EDIT: That happened to me yesterday night with a couple movies in HD, now, in the morning, it doesn't happen no more... I don't know what it was...
This is what most of my 1080P videos stream like in XBMC since running Mavericks 10.9. It doesn't matter what build of XBMC I use, either. 12.2 or any of the monthly or nightly builds, same results. Is this what people are describing as tearing?

If I understood cpuroast correctly, he was having similar results but he has the 15" Macbook Pro with Retina and changing resolutions once in XBMC fixes it. It seems to load in 16bit color rather than 32bit. I posted a shot several posts back that for me, it is being forced to load with "Open in low resolution" option which is grayed out and cannot be changed. I have the 13" Macbook Pro with Retina which apparently has a single GPU. If anyone has any suggestions for me to try, I'd sure appreciate them.

Update: I found a way to bypass the "Open in low resolution" option but the issues have not gone away. Also odd, that playing 1080P vids locally through XBMC are just fine. It's when I try to stream them that I'm getting all this weirdness in the video.
(2013-10-31, 07:19)Ned Scott Wrote: • not really XBMC issue, but SMB serving from 10.9 looks to be an issue again. SMBUp (wiki) still seems to be a good work-around for that.

Not an XBMC issue at all, it's already well document Apple borked their SMB2 implementation in Mavericks.
http://www.tuaw.com/2013/10/27/did-maver...res-a-fix/

Western Digital has also pulled all their Mac software because they're having issues with write corruption on external drives under Mavericks.
http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2013/11/03...data-loss/
I'm having issues with the remote in 12.3 testing- there seems to be lag with it responding and sometimes it doesn't respond at all. I get around it with a small keyboard but a fix would be helpful
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC v12.2 crashing on OS X 10.9 Mavericks1