Most stable iOS version
(2014-04-12, 04:47)SydneyGuy Wrote: My 3 ATV2 are all running iOS 4.x I've been thinking I should probably upgrade them and from what I see above it looks like I can get them to 5.3 by using Seas0npass which does have the untetthered Jailbreak. I thought if I tried to upgrade that I would be forced to install the latest iOS version which would then either have a tethered jailbreak or worst case no jailbreak at all.

I know this isn't a jailbreak forum but is my thinking correct? If so then I think the following process should work well for me ....

- Upgrade XMBC to latest release (currently running a Gotham nightly from about a month ago)
- Backup XBMC configs to PC
- Run Seas0npass to upgrade ATVs to 5.3 and jailbreak
- Install XBMC latest release
- Restore saved configs
- Enjoy!

It all sounds too easy. Have I missed anythingHuh

That's what I did and everything seems to be fine.
I've finally managed to upgrade one of my ATVs to 5.3, rejailbroken, installed and upgraded XBMC and restored my settings. Everything is working fine!!! There were a couple of issues along the way and I needed to run Seas0nPass 3 times to get a successful jailbreak but I got there in the end after almost 3 hours work.

Now it is on to the other 2 ATVs. I hope they don't take as long.

Update: I've now completed the update on all 3. The last 2 only required one run of Seas0nPass. No idea what the issue was with the first one. It did take quite a while to complete them all but a lot of that time was backing up the individual Userdata directories on each ATV and then restoring them again after the upgrade.

Time to watch a movie!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most stable iOS version0