1% of my files not displaying in XBMC. Not even if I navigate onto the drive.
I have XBMC on a Raspberry Pi that I use 99% of the time for TV Show and Movies. The other day, I wanted to throw a p90x video on. I've run them through here many times, but not in the past couple months. I have a 3 TB drive. If I navigate onto 'My Book' I have a 'Movies' folder, and 'TV Shows' folder, 'Music', 'Random', etc. In 'TB Shows' I have a 'P90X' folder.

It used to show up under 'TV Shows' on the main XBMS menu, but no longer. No big deal. I don't want it to display in there anyway, I should move it to random. But I figure I'll just navigate to "Video > Files > Files> My Book> TV Shows > P90X" and play it through there.

I go to do this, and the P90X folder does not even show. I can see every other TV Show folder I have but no P90X. I begin to wonder if I took them off. I connect My Book to my laptop, and it's still there with all my videos. So I decide to copy one of the video and place it into the Random folder, which has 1 other video.

Connecting this back up to raspbmc, I navigate to "Video > Files > Files> My Book> Random". I don't see the P90X file, but I do see the 1 other video I have in there.

Any idea as to why I can't see these files anywhere on the drive when going through XBMC?
Ownership or permissions?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I just had a similar problem not 10 minutes ago. Turns out there's a setting in Settings | Video | File lists | Replace file names with library titles, that means folders which are found in TheTVDB get renamed. All well and good, but checkout http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=219901&lid=7 ** All The Crap You Should Not Add To TheTVDb **. The scraper needs to ignore these junk entries (though it might be better if thetvdb didn't return this junk in the first place). Anyway, turn that setting off and the folder will show up in the file list. Alternatively leave it on and scroll to the top of the list to find the folder you seek.
(2013-10-26, 05:07)joshka Wrote: I just had a similar problem not 10 minutes ago. Turns out there's a setting in Settings | Video | File lists | Replace file names with library titles, that means folders which are found in TheTVDB get renamed. All well and good, but checkout http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=219901&lid=7 ** All The Crap You Should Not Add To TheTVDb **. The scraper needs to ignore these junk entries (though it might be better if thetvdb didn't return this junk in the first place). Anyway, turn that setting off and the folder will show up in the file list. Alternatively leave it on and scroll to the top of the list to find the folder you seek.

This did it! Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1% of my files not displaying in XBMC. Not even if I navigate onto the drive.0