OS X Mouse only working in top-left screen quadrant
The mouse pointer in XBMC (nightly from 24.10.2013) on OSX Mavericks (2013 Mac Mini) only worked in the top-left 1/4 corner, but I found this workaround in the Mavericks thread:

McView Wrote: Since DP6 mouse pointer is only usable in 1/6th of the screen (top left corner).
Makes no difference if own trackpad of MacBook Pro or bluetooth magic mouse/trackpad is used.

McView Wrote: Mouse problem solved.
- I pressed cmd-f to go from full screen to window mode, mouse pointer is now usable through the whole screen
- then clicked the green ball to maximize the window, mouse pointer is still usable through the whole screen
- then in the XBMC-menu "Window" choose "Full/Windowed Toggle"
- problem solved

When you go directly from the small window to full screen the problem persists.
Worked on both my 2010 Mac mini en MacBook Pro 13", both have NVIDIA GeForce 320M, maybe that was part of the problem.

However, this still makes the bottom part of the screen (where Home, Back, Exit is) unavailable. I've got a different display card (Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB) than McView, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Has anyone else got this problem? Is there a fix out there?

OK, if I hide the Dock (alt-cmd-D) before maximizing the XBMC window (McView's step 2), I am able to reach Exit/Home/Back at the bottom. I still can't reach the bottom 50 pixels or so, it looks like it's the same height the title bar in window mode. But that's not a big problem, since all functionality is within reach now Smile
I believe this is due to the windowing changes at the OS level, and the libraries we use don't know how to deal with them.

I doubt the fix will be quick for 3 reasons:

1. Very few devs use the mouse.
2. Very few devs are on OSX mavericks. (most of us are of the "it's not broken, don't fix it while we're in the middle of lots of dev" types).
3. The intersection of the above sets is quite possibly empty.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

There was a similar problem reported last year with Linux (specifically Ubuntu 12.04 at the time): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133965
Since I’ve upgraded to Mavericks (and installed the Alpha XBMC build from Oct 27th), I have experienced an issue with my magic mouse not reaching the bottom of the screen in full-screen mode.
Installing the "maverickshidemenubar" version from today (from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/x86_64 ) has solved the issue for me!

I hope it will solve it for you as well.

Benny.
stop peeking my test builds Big Grin - those fixes are all in mainline and will appear in next nightly and alpha versions...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg solved it for me.
Gosh nightly builds have the fix too since days...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-11-02, 13:08)envoy510 Wrote: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg solved it for me.

Big Grin Works beautifully!! Thanks Developers Big Grin
you should just use the last nigjtly - not my stupid test build ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse only working in top-left screen quadrant1