Seeking/Skipping Problem
I recently upgraded from Dharma to Frodo on my XMBC Live setup and I'm now experiencing a problem where when I watch any video it begins "Seeking" every so often (most of the time at least every 30 seconds) and then skips forwards and backwards through the movie or tv show - so I can't watch anything!!!

I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find any help, I thought it might be due to the HD content I was streaming but I'm also have the problem with SD content.

My setup consists of:-

XBMC Frodo (previously Dharma) installed on a Acer Aspire Revo R3700 which is screwed to the back of my TV
I have a Drobo FS which holds all my files
I have a TP-Link WR841N router
I'm connecting my Acer to the router via TP Link 200 Mps Power-line adapters

I've tried different routers and no matter what I try I keep having the same problem. When running Dharma I didn't experience this problem, it's only started happening since I upgraded....

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What kind of input device(s) are you using? Keyboard, mouse, remote control, remote control app? Just a SWAG, but maybe there's some stuck keys that are sending out repeated forward/backward requests? But the debug log (wiki) mentioned by nickr above is a good place to start with problem determination.
I was using the Android remote app, but it stopped working a year ago when I switched routers, so I have been using a mouse....I will get round to fixing that eventually.

Just looked at the log file, it's over 25mb in size, and there is an old log file which is 134mb...it appears to contain the same error message 1000's of times

ERROR: CAESinkALSA::HandleError(snd_pcm_writei(1)) - snd_pcm_writei returned -11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
23:37:50 T:2939947840

Any ideas?
Set debug logging on.
Stop xbmc.
Start xbmc.
Reproduce the problem.
Stop xbmc.
pastebinit .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
How should I post the file? It's huge, over 3mb of data...
(2013-10-27, 01:27)ukf101 Wrote: How should I post the file? It's huge, over 3mb of data...

That's after you had exited XBMC and then restarted it to create a new log?
(2013-10-27, 01:31)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-10-27, 01:27)ukf101 Wrote: How should I post the file? It's huge, over 3mb of data...

That's after you had exited XBMC and then restarted it to create a new log?

Yes, when I copy and paste it, it's 1500 pages in MS Word and just under 33,000 lines in MS Excel...

I checked the log times, it's creating that much data in just over 5 minutes.
pastebinit .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seeking/Skipping Problem0