Solved Intel HD4000 - Video Issues - Jerky/Stuttering 1080P
I've just setup XBMC on another machine and this one is using a Intel NUC with i3 processor. I've noticed that it is jerky/stuttering on 1080P movies that I have. I have read that this is mostly caused by audio settings.

I have tried nearly all the audio settings in XBMC but it has made no difference. I've even tried selecting analogue 2ch which didn't help. I am connected via HDMI as this is the connection that the NUC has. I have no issues on my other machines but they are running Nvidia graphics not Intel graphics.

My system is running Manjaro which is Arch Based.

From what I can tell it seems to be dropping some frames. I've had a Google search but haven't found anything that helps. I know that the HD4000 can do 1080P without any issues so am a bit stumped on where to look as I think I've changed it all.

Hoping someone may be able to help me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.
debug log
Okay hopefully this is what you need:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=75707

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=75708
1) Disable vdpau
2)
Quote:18:54:29 T:140197411350272 DEBUG: VAAPI - initialize version 0.34
18:54:29 T:140197411350272 ERROR: VAAPI - unable to initialize display -1 - unknown libva error

You miss the correct driver.
Code:
sudo apt-get install libva-intel-vaapi-driver

Check the output of:
Code:
DISPLAY=:0 vainfo
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Okay I installed that and it does seem to have fixed it. The issue I do have now is that I have tearing on video playback. I'm trying to see if there is a fix for it somewhere.
Looks like the tearing is resolved by by adding the following to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf:

Code:
Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
   Driver      "intel"
   Option      "TearFree"    "true"
EndSection

Sorry I forgot to thanks so much for the help guys.
No(!)

and no again.

Disable Composite is a better solution, don't introduce triple buffering.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HD4000 - Video Issues - Jerky/Stuttering 1080P0