Airplay broken?
For a long time I've been using airplay to stream music from my Macbook Pro to XBMC 12.2 installed on a Windows PC. After updating to OSX Mavericks this doesn't seem to work any longer. XBMC flashes very quick the play screen and then goes back to the menu.

Do you guys experience the same - any solution?
debug log (wiki) - are you running ios7 on your phone by any chance?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No, I'm running Android 4.3 but no phone is involved at all...
Ok - no solution for this. No one has investigated this with iTunes from Mavericks yet. Be patient it might work at some point - but no prio atm.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
K gave it a quick try - streaming from iTunes 11.1 to xbmc running on the atv2 (current nightly) - it works like intended.

Please try an gotham alpha or nightly build for xbmc on windows and see if the issue is fixed there.
I've upgraded iTunes on the Windows PC that has XBMC installed and tried un-installing XBMC 12.2 and install the latest monthly build of XBMC (gotham alpha 8) instead but the result is the same.
I had an Issue with iTunes 11.1.2 (OS X Lion) and Airplay after updating to the latest XBMC Frodo 12.2 as well.
(This was streaming to a back ported libshairplay XBMC Crystalbuntu 12.2 version)

In XBMC - Settings - Services - Airplay …. a password indicated by *** was in the password box.
Now even though I had "-Use password protection" selected to off (no blue dot) this appeared to be ignored by XBMC.

Deleting the password and toggling "-Use password protection" from on to off again fixed my issues and Airplay started working again.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in latest XBMC Frodo 12.2 or not ? Huh

Failing that have you disabled IPV6 on your Macbook… ?

See here for instructions:
IPV6 Disable

Great hints! I will test when I get home - thanks.
No Airplay password was there - but tried setting one and deleting it again. Didn't fix it.

Disabled IPv6 and that didn't fix it either.
(2013-10-31, 11:30)Varming Wrote: I've upgraded iTunes on the Windows PC that has XBMC installed and tried un-installing XBMC 12.2 and install the latest monthly build of XBMC (gotham alpha 8) instead but the result is the same.

for clarification - you don't try to airplay audio from itunes to xbmc running on the same pc - right?
Haha, no I try to airplay from Spotify (and others) from my Macbook Pro to XBMC on a Windows 7 PC. It has "always" worked but after Mavericks it doesnt any longer
Just tested OS X Mavericks, iTunes 11.1.2 streaming to WIN7 XBMC Gotham Alpha 8 and Airplay is working fine.

I also have Airplay receiver software called Shairport4w installed on this WIN7 laptop as well. Seperate from XBMC.

Have you tried rebooting your router ?

That is very strange.. sigh.. I also tried to stream to Windows 7 XBMC Gotham Alpha 8 and it didn't work. I also tried deleting my profile folder just to make sure nothing was left over from old installations - just to make sure.

I rebooted my router yesterday just to try something and that didn't fix it either.

I will try to install Shairport4w and see if I can stream to my Windows PC through that.
Just installed Shairport4w on my Windows 7 PC and it worked right away so my Macbook Pro with Mavericks CAN stream through airplay - just not to XBMC.
With my setup OSX Firewall is diabled in OS X - Settings - Security & Privacy.... don't know if that will help... Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay broken?0