XBMC is working on Google TV now after the update!
I side loaded the latest Gotham build onto a Toshiba 50l4300VP SmartTV for a friend here in the Philippines..Runs nicely..only problem as I have told him is the TV only has 2 and a bit g of internal storage so he has to be careful of the addons he is going to use.. Mostly he is looking at the world cup coming up so it should be fine..also the UPnp is working fine as XBMC serving out the media on the usb harddisk attached... Also with that in mind he might be able to use something like directory bind to shift the heavy XBMC thumbs and artwork out to a usbdrive.. I have pointed him in this direction but not sure he has the capability to follow through on it as it takes a bit of playing round to do it..
(2014-03-02, 05:13)skylarking Wrote: My post was just a heads up that MediaInfo, which was recommended as a tool to help dbwe89 gather some data on the streams used by problem movies, may in fact cause him some other grief with unintended software making it's way onto his PC (if he's not careful during the install).

So i don't think i've posted to the wrong thread when i'm simply trying to help another posters on this very thread avoid potential issues. But free to ignore my post if you prefer.

Glad you are enjoying your LG smart TV with sideloaded XBMC Smile My TV is too old for such integrated abilities Sad

Sorry. It wasn't that I ignored your post. It was that I didn't understand what you were talking about at the time because I was new to XBMC at the time. But now everything you said makes sense. Thanks for looking out!

(2014-06-03, 04:23)saudagar Wrote: I dont know how XBMC is working on LG GA7900 for me XBMC 13 does not show any video - local file or through any add-ons

when i install frodo 12.2 the video shows.. but its too slow to be usable.

I ran it yesterday and it isn't slow anymore.
Im still having problems watching 3d movies...while in xbmc I press and hold the button for the 3d option...nothing will come up tho...any suggestions?
(2014-07-06, 17:54)dbew89 Wrote: Im still having problems watching 3d movies...while in xbmc I press and hold the button for the 3d option...nothing will come up tho...any suggestions?

I have the same problem. I think it's because XBMC is an app and maybe the XBMC developer's didn't enable the feature on the Google TV OS while apps are actively running. I'm saying this because when I run the regular TV program or when I run XBMC through my Raspberry Pi I'm able to pull up the 3D menu options by pressing and holding the 3D button on the magic remote. I think maybe if we try to appeal to the XBMC developers they will probably enable that feature for the community.
(2014-07-06, 22:31)TheWalkingDead Wrote:
(2014-07-06, 17:54)dbew89 Wrote: Im still having problems watching 3d movies...while in xbmc I press and hold the button for the 3d option...nothing will come up tho...any suggestions?

I have the same problem. I think it's because XBMC is an app and maybe the XBMC developer's didn't enable the feature on the Google TV OS while apps are actively running. I'm saying this because when I run the regular TV program or when I run XBMC through my Raspberry Pi I'm able to pull up the 3D menu options by pressing and holding the 3D button on the magic remote. I think maybe if we try to appeal to the XBMC developers they will probably enable that feature for the community.

All you need to do to turn on 3D before you start XBMC.
Works for me
Which GTV box are you mostly using?

i have LG TV GA7900 and XBMC 13.x does not work. It give audio but no video.
XBMC 12.2 has video but laggy.
(2014-09-02, 16:15)saudagar Wrote: Which GTV box are you mostly using?

i have LG TV GA7900 and XBMC 13.x does not work. It give audio but no video.
XBMC 12.2 has video but laggy.

LG TV GA6450 Frodo 12.X works
Helix works very well!
(2014-12-25, 14:02)TheWalkingDead Wrote: Helix works very well!
Yes installed stable Kodi on my GA7900 and worked great. No lag and video came fine too.
Do you know if it worKS on other Sony googlet tv boxes
(2014-12-25, 23:55)ozkhan1 Wrote: Do you know if it worKS on other Sony googlet tv boxes

If the device has jellybean 4.2 or higher then yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is working on Google TV now after the update!0