XBMC is working on Google TV now after the update!
Had too many devices on my router....streaming is fine now...just curious is how to play 3d movies... they play fine but are split screen...do I need to zoom or change the 3d format?
Hit the 3D button on the remote and select the option for split screen then put on the glasses.
For some reason the 3d wont turn on...I guess because i have xbmc as an application...will try again tho thanks...
You have to press and hold the 3D button.
(2014-02-13, 04:51)nooryani84 Wrote: ... You can check the video files with this little app http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/
I wish people that recommend software also warn when such software comes bundled with unwanted crap (as the posts on the linked sourcforge page indicates) !!

So it seems that the MediaInfo installer is purposefully "infected" with a features that also install other unwanted software... be warned...
It's possibly that this can be avoided by doing a custom install and unchecking any extras options but i haven't checked this myself...

Just a heads up Smile

Well as part of the install process, after you select the language, you must agree to the installer uploading data to the opencandy network to determine what other software can also be offered for installation... so i declined and cancelled the installation process Sad
Pity as the last time i downloaded a much older version of mediainfo, i don't remember having to agree to such stuff.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2014-03-02, 03:43)skylarking Wrote:
(2014-02-13, 04:51)nooryani84 Wrote: ... You can check the video files with this little app http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/
I wish people that recommend software also warn when such software comes bundled with unwanted crap (as the posts on the linked sourcforge page indicates) !!

So it seems that the MediaInfo installer is purposefully "infected" with a features that also install other unwanted software... be warned...
It's possibly that this can be avoided by doing a custom install and unchecking any extras options but i haven't checked this myself...

Just a heads up Smile

I think you're on the wrong thread.
My post was just a heads up that MediaInfo, which was recommended as a tool to help dbwe89 gather some data on the streams used by problem movies, may in fact cause him some other grief with unintended software making it's way onto his PC (if he's not careful during the install).

So i don't think i've posted to the wrong thread when i'm simply trying to help another posters on this very thread avoid potential issues. But free to ignore my post if you prefer.

Glad you are enjoying your LG smart TV with sideloaded XBMC Smile My TV is too old for such integrated abilities Sad
I'm a XBMC novice :)
I have 55ga7900.. I installed the frodo initially and i use to see the choppiness on video. Now when i install the Gotham the audio comes but video does not show up. I installed gotham beta 2 , yet its same. dont know what went wrong with video when i used xbmc with my google tv.
Anyone confirm Gotham beta 2 working on LG google TV?
Hey total noob here. Just wondering how to load xbmc onto my sony google tv. I assume there is a wiki somewhere but don't have the wherewithal to find it. If some kind soul could help without yelling at me that would be much appreciated. Some yelling is fine too! Thanks in advance.
@ Morrissey-2 Sony never updated their GoogleTV products to Android 4.2, they still run on Android 3.0 so they cannot run XBMC.
Thanks star stream. I really appreciate the response. I don't suppose xbmc can be added to a DVD player? I have a networked 3d sony player (don't have model number). I don't want to buy another box but I guess I will if I need to.
No it cant. There are loads of devices that will run XBMC from a raspberry pi all the way up to an intel NUC
(2014-03-26, 01:55)saudagar Wrote: Anyone confirm Gotham beta 2 working on LG google TV?

Frodo works. I'll try Gotham later.
I dont know how XBMC is working on LG GA7900 for me XBMC 13 does not show any video - local file or through any add-ons

when i install frodo 12.2 the video shows.. but its too slow to be usable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is working on Google TV now after the update!0