Playback Issues with HD on Galaxy Tab 2
Hi all,

new here Smile

I have installed latest version of XBMC on my Tablet which is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 running Android 4.1.1

when I stream 720p I get slightly choppy playback? yet the iMDB app can play 720p no problems?
SD playback is fine

according to samsung website it has 1Ghz Dual-Core CPU and can play 1080p @ 30fps..??

is this the built in media player?
does anyone have any advice?

thanks
try a nightly build (wiki).
xbmc-20131008-5090ee1-master-armeabi-..> 09-Oct-2013 07:18 54M Details
The above is what I have on my Tab2 10.1 and it runs great.
thnx guys...

@ sheepybach - newer versions are out- had any issues with those? should i stick with version your using?

tnx
ok..I tried the latest nightly build first (..1022)... this installed, after installed it said loads of add-ons had been marked as broken in repository, would you like to disable on you system?

NextPVR Client
VDR VNSI Client
Njoy N7 PVR Client
VU+/Enigma2 Client
DVBViewer Client
MythTV cmyth PVR Client
MediaPortal PVR Client
Tvheadend HTSP Client
PVR Demo Client
ARGUS TV Client

I had to choose yes or no, i tried installing with both choosing yes and no - but when I went to install Navi-X app it said "DEPENDENCIES NOT MET"

so, I uninstalled and tried the version Sheepybach uses (...1008) and it just wont load up? met with black screen that does nothing?

any ideas?

thanks
We can't help you with Navi-X per forum rules (wiki) on piracy content.
1 bit,
I tend to stay away from the up to date builds and work my way up slowly. Thats the 1 I'm running now and will do for a while, havin said that I've just seen that my tab2 10.1 is updating to JB 4.2.2 so no idea what will happen once its done
so I should just try a few then? maybe start a bit further back?
(2013-10-28, 21:14)1Bit Wrote: so I should just try a few then? maybe start a bit further back?

1Bit,
It can be a pain doing that but that's what I've done over time and hence the different builds I use as some will work on 1 tab but not another, my Nexus 10 is a pig like that and is still running a build from May as it's the best 1 I've found.
If you want HD playback on your Tab 2 10.1 that will work great and the best IMHO then go here:---

XBMC 13.0-ALPHA1 Git:20130219-32e99c7

Use the Alpha1 build which is still the best again IMHO it uses Libstagefright H/W ACC only and is the 1 I first use when I get a new Tab. I'm not a developer or anything like that and it's just what I've found out by trial and error lol.
I hope maybe some from xbmc can point you to where this file is as for some reason I can't locate it now and I want to put it on my New Note 10.1 as a start off as I said above
where do I get that?

XBMC 13.0-ALPHA1 Git:20130219-32e99c7

thanks
1BIT,
that's the thing I can't no longer find it anywhere and I can't see how I can take from 1 of my tabs to another.
OK I've just asked the developer who started the whole lot of so here's hoping he can point me to where we can get it. As I said it's the best IMO and I have it running on a few on my tabs and then I play around with other nighties
@sheepybach
Do you have a good version of xbmc for your Tab 2 10.1 now with h/w acceleration?
I have a Tab 2 10.1, and I am tired of running an external video player for xbmc.
Thanks, in advance.
Yes I have the latest Gotham build running on all my tabs now including my tab2 10.1 and its todays 16th Feb and tomorrow I will update a tab to 17th Feb and try that before I put it on the rest. The gotham nightly has been getting better and better since xbmc stopped the monthly build due to the feature freeze back in Dec 2013 and I think I'm correct in saying each nightly is a bug fix (someone who knows more can confirm or not if that is true) and hence they are better. So d/l the latest hightly and try it out, yes you may get the odd bug crop up but hot so often now.
All gotham builds have 2 h/w accel modules in them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback Issues with HD on Galaxy Tab 20