• 211(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Does anyone have an Intel NUC D34010WYK working with ESXi, on which a VM is installed (OpenELEC / windows) that runs xbmc.

And where the GPU is passthroughed to the VM?

Im looking for tutorials but i cant find something. I tried it but it fails.
(2014-05-21, 15:08)prekz Wrote: Does anyone have an Intel NUC D34010WYK working with ESXi, on which a VM is installed (OpenELEC / windows) that runs xbmc.

And where the GPU is passthroughed to the VM?

Im looking for tutorials but i cant find something. I tried it but it fails.

That's a rather unusual request/desire to have ESXI running and then run separate VM instance and hope XBMC works correctly. I can see a variety of reasons why this might not work properly, with the starters being that ESXI is going to provide specific drivers to interface with the guest OS that might not be valid/tested with XBMC.

If you are willing to do the large amount of work around drivers and VM tuning (resource management) you might be able to get it to work, but considering you can get a dedicated box that runs XBMC very well for around $200-$300 (or less if you don't have great hardware needs) it's not surprising that a lot of work has not been done in this area.
You only have a single GPU so imho pass through won't work.
Hey guys, I asked this question a while back but never got an answer... is it still possible to tell Gotham to only do software decoding for specific formats? I'm running OE and can't find the option to only use CPU decode for VC1 format video.
I dont know about your specific question but just wanted to chime in that from Gotham onwards there are now "levels" in the setting menu, so make sure you have it set on the highest (Expert I think) if you think that settings menu options have disappeared on you. Sorry if you already knew this but just thought it might help
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-05-21, 23:53)scarecrow420 Wrote: I dont know about your specific question but just wanted to chime in that from Gotham onwards there are now "levels" in the setting menu, so make sure you have it set on the highest (Expert I think) if you think that settings menu options have disappeared on you. Sorry if you already knew this but just thought it might help

I set the interface to "expert" level but only see a choice for software vs hardware decode... nothing about different formats.
(2014-05-21, 23:47)voip-ninja Wrote: Hey guys, I asked this question a while back but never got an answer... is it still possible to tell Gotham to only do software decoding for specific formats? I'm running OE and can't find the option to only use CPU decode for VC1 format video.
If there is at all it may be something you do via advancedsettings.xml.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What do you have to do to use a IR remote control with the NUC? It has a IR sensor so I guess I could use the TV remote to control it, but how do I do it? I searched Google and I couldn't find anything. Do I need a program or something like that (I'm on Windows 8)?
(2014-05-21, 23:56)nickr Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 23:47)voip-ninja Wrote: Hey guys, I asked this question a while back but never got an answer... is it still possible to tell Gotham to only do software decoding for specific formats? I'm running OE and can't find the option to only use CPU decode for VC1 format video.
If there is at all it may be something you do via advancedsettings.xml.

I thought it had earlier been communicated as a GUI option that was hidden unless advanced/expert menus were enabled but I could be wrong.

Unfortunately the thread search tool won't allow me to search on the term "VC1" since it's too "short".
google
Code:
vc1 site:forum.xbmc.org

And you are right I do remember an option like that - have you looked in the acceleration submenu in settings?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-22, 00:43)nickr Wrote: google
Code:
vc1 site:forum.xbmc.org

And you are right I do remember an option like that - have you looked in the acceleration submenu in settings?

Yes, familiar with Google, this worked better;

https://www.google.com/search?client=saf...org&rls=en

Which yielded Fritsch referencing this github discussion about this, but I don't actually see where the "hidden option" exists to enable this... I will have to keep poking around.... usually I'm pretty good at finding this crap on my own but this one is eluding me, It does not appear to be well documented for users.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4011
SW Filters for VAAPI are enabled on your System?
| myHTPC |
Image:
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Anyone having EDID/HDMI handshake issues with their NUC and receiver? I just purchased a D34010WYK which I am trying to connect via my HK AVR 1700 receiver, but I can't get it to work consistently. Works fine when plugged directly into my tv however. I've heard that little device made by Gefen called the HDMI Detective Plus can fix this, but I'd like to avoid spending another $100 if I can...

Everything worked fine with my Acer REvo that that NUC is replacing, so I'm pretty stumped.

Thanks!
You can try with OpenELEC. If this also does works - you could overwrite the ELD information in windows. If you already use OpenELEC - no idea.

I trust OE more - cause I know the guy that writes the Linux Audio drivers in person :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 211(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7