• 222(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Has anyone tried to update to the latest OpenElec 4.2 Beta 1?
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
(2014-07-18, 21:57)Ipaddle Wrote: Has anyone tried to update to the latest OpenElec 4.2 Beta 1?

I see no reason to update to betas unless it is adding something specific I need fixed or a new feature I will die without (can't remember last time that happened). "Playing" is for people with more time than me.
My last Reason for doing this was Yadif Deinterlacing in 4.0 Alpha and Support for my Tevii S471, which was broken in OE 3.2.
| myHTPC |
For nuc 34010 driver wise, would it be better to install win7 or win8?

Love oe but i need to need to be able to remote access my machine in order to add / remove torrent / jdownloader files ... ( dont know if xbmc ubuntu can provide me this Smile )
@solamnic Openelec has rtorrent as addon, works fine to add /remove torrents
I know it has i just need to be able ti access torrent jdown when i am in a different town Smile ( in win i can do that with teamviewer Smile )
Ever heard of SSH?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Anyone painted their haswell to get rid of the silver faceplate?

What's the story on proper color with the latest versions of OE? To my 65VT30 Panasonic via Denon X4000 looks a little different than my other GPU.
(2014-07-19, 23:47)nickr Wrote: Ever heard of SSH?

Never..

Can you post a link to a guide that could help?
(2014-07-18, 21:57)Ipaddle Wrote: Has anyone tried to update to the latest OpenElec 4.2 Beta 1?

I just did (NUC 34010). Had to do a manual upgrade though as the pending update was reported by openelec but did not download/install automatically.

Till date I had hardware encoding switched off for mpeg-2 because of an artifact problem with Ratatouille (mkv).

I thought I had read somewhere that XBMC now uses ffmpeg 2.2 so I activated hardware encoding to see whether the problem is solved.

I am pleased to report that it has.

I now have hardware acceleration enabled for all formats!
Did you try VC1 Files?
| myHTPC |
(2014-07-20, 08:20)-DDD- Wrote: Did you try VC1 Files?

I did try a blu-ray mkv of The Guard, a movie that I have had problems with in the past (could not use software acceleration as it would stutter badly). It plays fine and shows "dc:ff-h264-vaapi" and uses hardly any CPU (one core at around 12%, others fluctuating around 3 to 6%)
(2014-07-20, 07:38)solamnic Wrote:

Never..

Its a remote access system for Linux. gives you a commandline on a remote computer. Enables you to run rtorrent.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-20, 13:15)nickr Wrote:
(2014-07-20, 07:38)solamnic Wrote:

Never..

Its a remote access system for Linux. gives you a commandline on a remote computer. Enables you to run rtorrent.

Command line.. <- kill me Smile but thx for letting me know what ssh is..

What i m thinking is going windows 7 ..

Will the 34010 be sufficient to run torrent + jdown + playback BR iso at the same time?
900 kb/sec maximum download speed for both torr and jdown, do have cabled gigabit ethernet..
Now have separate atom 525 for down and arctic mc001 for playback...
  • 222(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7