• 239(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Yes its German.
Create an autostart.sh:
echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh && chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh
Put this in the autostart:
ethtool -s eth0 wol d
| myHTPC |
(2014-09-14, 02:18)megalodon Wrote:
(2014-09-13, 22:21)-DDD- Wrote: Maybe that helps? http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...post192071

Sorry but I can't read it, is it in German?

Ever heard of online translators?

https://translate.google.co.uk/m/translate
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

So its an openelec problem or a bios one?
Seems like an OE Problem, but who knows
| myHTPC |
(2014-09-14, 14:53)solamnic Wrote: So its an openelec problem or a bios one?

Thanks I will try the commands but I think its an intel Bios issue. I have run openelec on my intel NUC i5 for the last year with the IR commands in the autostart.sh and Bios 0.25 without any issues. Foolishly I upgraded the Bios to 0.28 and I had to remove the IR commands from the autostart.sh for the Microsoft MCE remote to even work. I have tried downgrading to 0.25 bios again but as other users have said it seems to be a perminent IR fix and it still randomly starts up. I come in from work and the NUC has booted up with no user input. Once every few days its happening. So I will have to contact Intel about this.
And no I have never heard or used an online translator, but thanks for the input.

(2014-09-14, 15:34)-DDD- Wrote: Seems like an OE Problem, but who knows

Can you or any other user tell me what these ethtool commands do to the network please.

I also use:

#!/bin/bash

#start IRexec
su -c '/usr/bin/irexec -d /storage/.config/.lircrc' -l root

in my autostart.sh as I have the red button on my remote to reboot openelec when it hangs, normally once every week. Hopefully the ethtool commands shouldn't affect this.
Not a good suggestion. The ethtool command has now hidden my NUC on my network so I can't access it. Can anyone help me get into the autostart.sh to remove this command?
(2014-09-14, 15:40)megalodon Wrote: Can you or any other user tell me what these ethtool commands do to the network please.

You can use the Online Translater one more time Smile
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/ethtool

(2014-09-14, 21:09)megalodon Wrote: Not a good suggestion. The ethtool command has now hidden my NUC on my network so I can't access it. Can anyone help me get into the autostart.sh to remove this command?
The Command only disable WOL. Did you try to reboot your PC?
| myHTPC |
(2014-09-14, 21:21)-DDD- Wrote:
(2014-09-14, 15:40)megalodon Wrote: Can you or any other user tell me what these ethtool commands do to the network please.

You can use the Online Translater one more time Smile
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/ethtool

(2014-09-14, 21:09)megalodon Wrote: Not a good suggestion. The ethtool command has now hidden my NUC on my network so I can't access it. Can anyone help me get into the autostart.sh to remove this command?
The Command only disable WOL. Did you try to reboot your PC?
Yes several times, reset router Intel NUC etc. Openelec is not showing an IP address anymore and I can't get access to autostart.sh from file manager so Im at a loss and also the NUC is now crashing and doing random reboots. Really stuck on this one. Im using a mac. Its really screwed things up, I can't even play a move without it saying its not in the library and wanting to delete it. Its not even showing an IP address in my router anymore?
Have you edited the File with an Windows Editor?
| myHTPC |
Network:
Link not connected, No IP address, no Gateway, no subnet mask, only thing is a primary dns. And its restarting every 2 minutes without any input from me.

Can someone give me an idea what to do. Openelec is on an msata drive in the nuc, I don't have an IP address, I can't go into the configfiles folder from files manager and if I have to reinstall this with all my mods it will take hours.

Thanks

(2014-09-14, 21:40)-DDD- Wrote: Have you edited the File with an Windows Editor?

Mac text editor that I alway use, but over the network normally. Its not connecting to the router at all, no internet access on it as the weather has a cross next to it.
Panic over, I managed to access it after 16 reboots. It eventually gave me an IP address and I deleted the command from the autostart.sh
I was so worried. No reboots yet neither. Im going to wait for intel to fix this as it was fine on Bios 0.25, its only since 0.27 and 0.28 we seem to be getting problems.
Thanks for your suggestion though. Strange that it restarted itself 3 times in a matter of 5 minutes before though.
Maybe Linux don't like the Mac Text Editor?!
| myHTPC |
Best way is to do editing on the openelec machine itself over ssh. nano is your friend!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-14, 23:12)nickr Wrote: Best way is to do editing on the openelec machine itself over ssh. nano is your friend!

I have opened the autostart.sh many times with my Mac and never had an issue before, all I can put it down to is the commands because it was causing major problems as soon as I rebooted after adding them. But not just with not being able to access my NUC on the network but also crashing and rebooting after.
For future reference, if you can't get it over the network, you should be able to get a login prompt by plugging a USB keyboard into the NUC and pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1 when it's running XBMC (if that doesn't work, try other function keys with Ctrl and Alt held down).

You will need to know nano or vi at this point, though (or you could just rename autostart.sh to something else then fix it over the network, I guess :)
  • 239(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7