• 243(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
1. No, probably not. although if you buy the pulse eight cec adaptor it might work. http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/categor...apter.aspx

2. There are a couple of addons which detect filesystem changes and trigger a media scrape. Sorry I can't remember their names, if I do I'll post back.

EDIT: this one http://addons.xbmc.org/show/service.watchdog/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you.
1. I probably try to use PS3 controller instead. Any experience with such solution?
2. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks once again.
I had some problems with watchdog (dont remember details now) and I skipped it.
(2014-09-26, 09:35)tomatow Wrote: Hi Guys, new here, so please forgive me if I am lost Smile

I've just bought NUC with i3 and love little fella! After Raspberry PI difference is more than huge, performance-wise. As newbie I have few question for more experienced user:

1. NUC is connected directly to Onkyo receiver TX-NR626. Is there any way to use Onkyo remote, to control system? Currently I have android app, but it doesn't suit me well. (I installed OpenELEC if that matters).

2. I am using WD My Book Live as NAS and add it to XBMC library. I download data from various devices directly to it (NAS). Is there any way to automatically inform NUC to update library after adding new file to NAS?

Please point me to right direction, thank you in advance.

1/ if your Onkyo remote is an IR remote (it seems to be), check if you can configure it as an MCE or a Microsoft Remote (check the remote code of your onkyo remote). I did that with my Yamaha receiver A3020 remote and I can perfectly handle my intel NUC ; no need to buy an extra remote, or any adapter.

2/ Personnaly, i tried watchdog, but I'm using OpenElec XBMC that boots in few seconds. SO i don't stand by the NUC : i always switch ON or OFF, and I have activated the option Update library at startup. So the library is always updated when the NUC is switched ON. And no need for an extra add-on as watchdog. specially because had some problems with watchdog.
The other one was autolibraryupdate, but it doesn't seem to be in the official repo, can't recall where I got t.

If you are using sickbeard or couchpotato they can send a signal to xbmc to trigger a scrape too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-09-26, 11:01)Crssi Wrote: I had some problems with watchdog (dont remember details now) and I skipped it.
With watchdog enabled my YouTube, and other streaming services don't work. Watchdog disabled, everything works fine.
I am not sure if my audio settings are correct. My sound is not what it should be, I have a 5.1 Onkyo receiver and am only getting sound out of the front left, right, and center speakers. Sometimes i have to turn sound up to close to maximum to hear. I realize my hearing isnt what it use to be but this is ridiculous. Just wanted to know if anyone has a setup close to what I have (see signature), that might give me some pointers. I have went into windows and it recognizes my Onkyo. I have went into setting on the Onkyo and set it up also. All speakers do work under test and they do work with some shows. Hope someone could tell me if there are settings in Kodi that I might need to change.
NUC I3 Haswell with external 4TB HD, Windows 8.1
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Lenovo N5902 remote keyboard/mouse
(2014-09-29, 02:47)mushoss Wrote: I am not sure if my audio settings are correct. My sound is not what it should be, I have a 5.1 Onkyo receiver and am only getting sound out of the front left, right, and center speakers. Sometimes i have to turn sound up to close to maximum to hear. I realize my hearing isnt what it use to be but this is ridiculous. Just wanted to know if anyone has a setup close to what I have (see signature), that might give me some pointers. I have went into windows and it recognizes my Onkyo. I have went into setting on the Onkyo and set it up also. All speakers do work under test and they do work with some shows. Hope someone could tell me if there are settings in Kodi that I might need to change.

Make sure your volume is turned up on XBMC... (separate from Onkyo volume control). This can limit the input signal to your receiver.
First born Atomic Generation.
(2014-09-28, 21:00)mhoogenbosch Wrote:
(2014-09-26, 11:01)Crssi Wrote: I had some problems with watchdog (dont remember details now) and I skipped it.
With watchdog enabled my YouTube, and other streaming services don't work. Watchdog disabled, everything works fine.

I must have some other problems with it (but still dont remember what exactly Sad), since I dont use Youtube services.
I replaced my old Intel DYE NUC with a Haswell. I took the mSATA out of the old NUC and put it in the new one. The thing is I have 2gb RAM in the new NUC whereas I had 4gb in the old one....when booting up I'm getting an error saying "MEMORY SIZE DECREASE". I have to connect a keyboard and press ENTER. It seems to keep coming up though.....is there any way I can acknowledge or cancel the error message?

I'm not at home now but I'd guess I'll have to go into the BIOS settings? I do hope I'm not going to have to reinstall OpenElec from scratch....
Does your NUC boot up when you accept the Message with enter? Do you have set Timeshift to 3GB maybe?
Can you make a Photo of the message and provide Logs?
| myHTPC |
Yeah it boots after hitting Enter. Don't even know what "Timeshift" is. I could take a photo. Haven't a clue about a log though.

Just got home. Went into the BIOS and turned off "Event Logging" and all is good! Smile
Hi, I have set my nuc up which is the i5 haswell and can't believe how quite it is.

I have 8gb g skill 2133mhz which it runs at full speed I thought it would only run 1600mhz

I also have samsung 120gb EVO msata and Intel wireless AC dual band card.

Does anyone have the tranquil pc abel case if so could please post a pic of it next to the original nuc case as I just want to see the size difference please.

Thanks

Vanzan which bios version are you using as there been number of fixes.
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
I have a Pulse Eight HDMI CEC adapter.....can I use my tv's remote to turn on and off my NUC? I'm just curious how it would work in practice....how would it know whether to turn off or on the television or turn on or off the NUC?
To turn off your NUC use the power menu of Kodi. You wont be able to turn off the NUC via the power button of the remote (its one of the buttons which cannot be remapped - at least i think so).

To turn on your NUC - if it can be started from a USB device then you will be able to wake it up by switching to the HDMI input of the TV. My AMD build i can wake it up only from state of hibernation by switching twice to the appropriate HDMI input.
  • 243(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7