• 192(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
What is the best harmony profile for open elec ?

Mediacenter pc se or media centerr extender ?
Hi everyone.
I've set up a system with an i3 Haswell Nuc connected to a Pioneer VSX510 AVR. I'm running the latest OpenElec nightly and I have installed the latest Intel bios.
It works fine overall except for one thing : in 1080p 50 or 60hz, although it plays Dolby Digital and DTS sound works fine via passthrough, other formats such as MP3, flac, wav don't work in 1080p. I don't have the system sounds either. When I switch to 720p or 1080 24p it works fine.
I'm not sure if it comes from the receiver, the NUC, Linux, OpenElec or XBMC, and I haven't read a similar problem like this before in the thread.
Any clue ?
Thanks
(2014-04-18, 22:04)Roby77 Wrote: What is the best harmony profile for open elec ?

Mediacenter pc se or media centerr extender ?
In my experiance media center extender works better.
(2014-04-19, 00:51)widescreen Wrote: Hi everyone.
I've set up a system with an i3 Haswell Nuc connected to a Pioneer VSX510 AVR. I'm running the latest OpenElec nightly and I have installed the latest Intel bios.
It works fine overall except for one thing : in 1080p 50 or 60hz, although it plays Dolby Digital and DTS sound works fine via passthrough, other formats such as MP3, flac, wav don't work in 1080p. I don't have the system sounds either. When I switch to 720p or 1080 24p it works fine.
I'm not sure if it comes from the receiver, the NUC, Linux, OpenElec or XBMC, and I haven't read a similar problem like this before in the thread.
Any clue ?
Thanks

Known bug in some Pioneer receivers in combination with intel gpus. Set your Audio output to Fixed and resample to 48 khz.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My i5 Haswell is working well, doing everything I want it to do. Am I doing something wrong?
(2014-04-19, 08:56)fritsch Wrote:
Any clue ?
Thanks

Known bug in some Pioneer receivers in combination with intel gpus. Set your Audio output to Fixed and resample to 48 khz.

He reported that even when he bypassed the Pioneer and went straight to his projector he had the same troubles.
I'm been running XBMC Gotham (latest version) running on Windows 7. I seem to get a lot of issues with slight stuttering (frames dropped / skipped).
I've tried running files locally (to eliminate network issues), used software decoding / hardware decoding, you name it I've tried it.

Today I started testing with Openelec and the same files (across the same network) run far more smoothly, using VAAPI, but with identical other settings.
It's likely I'll be told just run Openelec then, but this was intended to be more than just XBMC.

Is this difference due to bad graphics drivers (I noticed Intel has a beta driver up, but it's really unstable and crashes Windows) or is this more to do with VAAPI which is lacking in the Gotham Windows version (unless I'm missing something)?
Any clue ?
Thanks

Thanks Fritsch. It seems I will lose Dolby and DTS pass through in this mode, so I guess I'll have to switch back and forth depending on the file I want to play.
It turns out multiples of 48khz work and multiples of 44 don't. I've tried with a 88.2 flac sample and a 96khz.
I hope intel will fix it someday. I wouldn't bet on Pioneer based on what their osd and control ap say from their coding skills).
(2014-04-20, 06:41)voip-ninja Wrote:
Any clue ?
Thanks

He reported that even when he bypassed the Pioneer and went straight to his projector he had the same troubles.

I think there's two of us posting who just happen to own pioneers.

I can't explain why but today my nuc is behaving itself - no sync delays indeed I have now been able to set a 0 value in additional settings.xml. I wish I could explain what I've done. I did a bios update and reinstall but can't say that's what fixed it.
Hi guys,

I have latest i5 nuc. When running XMBC and downloading torrent the CPU is highly used, which make this funny little toy spin it's FAN quite loud.
I already did put it behinde my TV but i can still hear it Big Grin
Unfortunatly I do not have any close cabinet therefore I have two solutions:

1. Buy sound daping bag.
http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-21-Inc...g+Foam+Mat
What plastic case I should use for this ?

2. Buy a fanless case.
Where I can buy those in US. I have D54250WYKH NUC wth 2.5 drive
Use a less CPU intensive torrent programme. rtorrent is very light.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The reason your fan spins up is due to increasing temperatures.
Removing the fan (fanless case) or filling the case with thoose foam pads will only make it worse (for the unit).
If it is the torrent program causing the fan to spin up (high CPU load -> high CPU temperature -> higher fan sound), do as nickr suggest and try another program.
the point for me of buying i5 was to load it to the max Smile

now i have to think however how to make it quite as a mouse

I will just wrapp up the box with it and see how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9U_x8hRwU4

is there a fanless box ?
(2014-04-21, 03:00)macmus Wrote: I will just wrapp up the box with it and see how it works.
is there a fanless box ?

The foam goes inside the case, not outside it. There's no room inside a NUC for foam, so if you put it on the outside, the fan will go to 100% as you eliminate the ventilation and overheat the CPU.

One of the available fanless cases. There are others.
http://www.logicsupply.com/components/ca...ess/ml300/
There are fanless cases for NUC

http://bit.ly/1eWdcRf
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7