• 245(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-10-09, 14:25)VanZan Wrote: I have OE and an Intel NUC with an mSata SSD. Also 2gb ram. I wonder would the log give any details in such a situation?

You shouldn't be having freezing in any skins unless you've got something really odd going on.

You should consider clean re-installing OE because it's possible that while setting things up and playing around with options you might have misconfigured something.

Also, you should be on a newer BIOS (UEFI) for the NUC than it ships with.
the i3 nuc has mini HDMI and mini displayport.
can someone confirm if audio and video can be used on both of them at the same time?
or audio/video is output on only one of them at any given time?
I want to send hdmi to my receiver and displayport to tv.
(i know that i can connect my receiver to tv but sometimes I am going to use only Windows and do not need audio to turn on my 150 watts Denon receiver.)
@john_hey
Don't know for the i3 specifically but, yes, that worked on my i5. It ran...

1) NUC (mDP out) -> mDP 2 VGA converter -> TV (VGA in)
2) NUC (HDMI out) -> HDMI switch (SPDIF out) -> Old AVR (SPDIF in)

...on Ubuntu 14.04, FernetMenta/Fritsch's deinterlacing-testing build (Kodi alpha4ish), but only for a pretty short time (due to video quality in the setup above).

So, might be worth a try.
(2014-10-07, 23:54)VanZan Wrote: Thanks for the reply....yeah I don't think my rubbish Sony remote control can do that unfortunately! I have a new problem that I've noticed though.....when I hit shutdown then the NUC seems to keep restarting but hibernated. Very very bizarre.

1. I didn't have much time to deal with remote, but I've managed to turn on IR sensor in NUC and to record signals for any IR remote I have. I've been trying this with Onkyo, and Epson devices. I can see in console codes each time I press any button. I can't connect this with XBMC yet. However, it seems very close.

2. I have also problems with turning NUC on after shutdown. I enable Deep S4/S5 Sleep in bios and it works.
How long do you need with your mce remotes or compatible to fill completely the vol+ or vol- .

I have tried it with harmony300, harmony smart and another universal remote and takes around 12 SECONDS, too much.

I don't have this speed troubles if I connect an external Ir remote and send signals with an old xbox1 remote.

What can I do to speed up this? I tweaked a lot too with interkey delay ans repeat in harmony and nothing.
Sony XR 55 A80J
Kodi Nexus

Intel Nuc i3 + 4gb ram
OE 4.0.3
Is there anyway to use wake on lan without it keep rebooting or get it to boot up when I switch the tv on.I really want to mount it onto the back of my tv and could do with it booting up without having to press the power button.
Maybe the Bios Function "Power On after AC Failure" is an option for you to Power On your NUC
| myHTPC |
(2014-10-19, 08:25)clarkie34 Wrote: Is there anyway to use wake on lan without it keep rebooting or get it to boot up when I switch the tv on. (...)

Yeah, you can activate WoL in the NUC's BIOS and wake it from standby (S3) that way considering you can also activate/configure this inside your Os's nic driver.
But you could also try PulseEight CEC adapter (only tried their external adapater due to problems with the internal one and its pricing) if your tv/receiver support it.

Have tried both and can confirm that it works.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
I use hdmi and Mini DisplayPort, but on mdp i have only vídeo, no sound. On mdp use an adapter, mdp to hdmi. Someone help me?
Any word on if XBMC is going to support the new Ready-Mode Intel added with a firmware update a while ago?
Not planned at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I've previously bought 3 nucs, (2 i5 haswell models and 1 i3 haswell model) that have been, and continue to work, flawlessly. In each of those, I have a 256gb samsung 840 pro SSD plugged in with this memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit BLS2K4G3N169ES4.

Anyway, I ordered an Intel 530 120gb ssd (model#: ssdsc2bw120a4k5) along with 8gb of 1.35v cas9 G.Skill ram.(model F3-1600C9S-$GRSL) with a i3 haswell nuc. Both of these parts are listed as compatible and tested on the intel, and g.skill sites, respectively.

From the very start of the installation, i've had nothing but issues. Sometimes the computer will freeze on the 'starting windows' screen (I tried to install windows 7). Other times it will try to initiate a network boot. Still other times it will just say 'no boot drive found'. I have no clue why it's acting like this. So on a hunch, I took the intel 530 ssd and plugged it into my i5 nuc. Everything worked fine. I installed windows 7 from scratch, it works perfect, just like any other drive. I should mention that both i3 and i5 haswell nucs are both running the latest BIOS from intel (version 30) with default settings. From the reviews on newegg, there are no issues between the g.skill ram and the i3 nuc. So what gives? Did I honestly just get a lemon i3 nuc that just needs to be replaced or is there a bigger problem at issue? (if it helps, the fan on the i3 haswell nuc is much louder/noticeable than the one on my i5 nuc, i dont have the other working i3 nuc here with me so I cant do a direct a/b comparison but I'm trying to give as much information as possible).

Does anyone have this combination (intel 530 series sata ssd, with g.skill cas9 ram, and a i3 haswell nuc) and does it work perfectly?
I dont have specific experience with those parts, but from a trouble shooting perspective it sounds like you've swapped hard drives and not found an issue... but what about RAM? May as well try the Gskill in your i5 and the Crucial in your new i3? If the i3 is still problematic i think youve proven enough to get it returned (2 different SSD and 2 different RAM all proven to work in another NUC that arent working in this one)
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
An even easier troubleshoot -- run memtest. Good newegg reviews mean nothing. Even a good stick of ram can work for years then go bad and cause weird, random errors.
http://www.memtest86.com/
I will build my nuc soon which is an i5 haswell, 120gb samsung EVO msata and 2100mhz g-skills ram which I have installed windows 7 on no problem. I will Install xbmc when I get time.

Ps the ram runs at full speed 2100 my without any tweaking even though it says it only supports 1600mhz.

Again run memtest to. Make sure the ram is right, I personally like g skills and always buy the brand.

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
  • 245(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7