• 3(current)
Testers wanted: XBMC v12.3 testing
Try renaming "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC" then starting xbmc, once running you can copy back data from the renamed folder to the new .xbmc folder a little at a time restarting xbmc, hopefully you'll discover what it is crashing on
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
@Ardalista: Please revert to confluence and make sure it works then. You need to try and help debug by getting rid of some of the services you're running (e.g. next aired) and the like.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hello i would like to be a beta tester just a question ok does this work with WIN 8.1 and does this software need other software to be installed
Disabled all addon's and reverted to confluence.

reinstalled update

still crashed on load

so renamed xbmc folder to xbmc.old

loaded ok

as soon as I added my advancedsettings.xml file it crashed again

Pastebin on base install with advanced settings added
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Please pastebin your advancedsettings.xml file.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2013-11-03, 02:49)jmarshall Wrote: Please pastebin your advancedsettings.xml file.

Here you go

Advancedsettings.xml
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Thanks. Can you please try to comment out the mysql stuff and see if it works?

If it does, comment out only for music and only for video in turn, see if one of them is the problem only.

Thanks!
Jonathan

(2013-11-03, 02:55)jmarshall Wrote: Thanks. Can you please try to comment out the mysql stuff and see if it works?

If it does, comment out only for music and only for video in turn, see if one of them is the problem only.

Thanks!
Jonathan

only video = crash

only music = loads ok

If it helps I don't actually have any music imported into the database.

The database is stored on a Dell Poweredge 2850
2GB Ram
Running Ubuntu Server 12.04
MySQL Client 5.5.34

So the music is the one causing the problem?

no

if i leave the music reference in the advancedsettings file xbmc will load without problems

it's only when the video stuff is there it will crash

Thanks for your patience - we're narrowing things down.

I wonder if the problem is that file there... Try removing "Misfits - S05E02 - Episode Two.mp4" from your video library (under 12.2) and see if that fixes it under 12.3.

If it does, add the file back in under 12.2 and grab a Debug Log of that one running.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Ok so I loaded 12.2 removed "Misfits - S05E02 - Episode Two.mp4" from the library then reinstalled 12.3

Before launching I renamed xbmc under appdata folder to xbmc.old

I launched xbmc to create the new xbmc folder then closed xbmc

I copied advancedsettings.xml to the new xbmc user settings folder

loaded xbmc but it crashed again

debug log from 12.3

Were you also wanting a debug log from 12.2 where it all works ok??

@Ardalista do you have any compressed files (.rar .zip) in your library? Perhaps subtitles files, if you do try removing them or unpacking them and remove the packed file.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-11-03, 05:47)Dilligaf Wrote: @Ardalista do you have any compressed files (.rar .zip) in your library? Perhaps subtitles files, if you do try removing them or unpacking them and remove the packed file.

I think I might have 1 rar file but there is no reference to it when I examine the logs from either version of xbmc there are also scattered SRT files in movie folders. Too many for me to try this suggestion right now however I might look in trying some further testing tomorrow after work.

The srt files should be fine, the rar could be causing problems, I just mentioned subs since typically these are what arer in the rar files. Other than that you could try deleting the MySql stuff from advancedsettings and then scanning your library locally, then the logs may show what file xbmc is choking on.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers wanted: XBMC v12.3 testing1