Audio gaps every few minutes
(2013-10-28, 23:16)Marcel1982 Wrote: Just tried the hdmi_clock_change_limit=50 and this might solve the problem for me. Just watched a movie and had no dropouts.

Interesting. Keep an eye on it. Make sure you test a file you've seen drop-outs on before (it may only affect certain framerates or samplerates).
If you are sure it is fixed, then it may be worth trying values between 50 and 175 to see where the actual limit is.
Does raspbmc have different clock settings like those suggested that might explain the improvement?

Also have also added the sync to display option which appears to have fixed the problem
(2013-10-28, 23:29)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-10-28, 23:16)Marcel1982 Wrote: Just tried the hdmi_clock_change_limit=50 and this might solve the problem for me. Just watched a movie and had no dropouts.

Interesting. Keep an eye on it. Make sure you test a file you've seen drop-outs on before (it may only affect certain framerates or samplerates).
If you are sure it is fixed, then it may be worth trying values between 50 and 175 to see where the actual limit is.

Tested with a file that had dropouts. For me it seems to be the web-dl and blu-ray rips that are having the problem, probably because of the rates. HDTV releases were working fine.

Will test some more during this week to be sure problem has been solved and after that I will experiment with the values between 50 and 175.

By the way, my receiver is a denon 2113.
I'm having the same problem with the latest Raspbmc release and an Onkyo receiver. Sometimes I don't have dropouts for about 10 minutes, sometimes I have three in a row. Seems to be completely random. I don't know when this started, but I'm 100% sure it didn't happen with an older OpenELEC 3.0x release.

Will try config_hdmi_boost=4 and hdmi_clock_change_limit=50 to see if it helps.
(2013-11-16, 14:28)dantist Wrote: I'm having the same problem with the latest Raspbmc release and an Onkyo receiver. Sometimes I don't have dropouts for about 10 minutes, sometimes I have three in a row. Seems to be completely random. I don't know when this started, but I'm 100% sure it didn't happen with an older OpenELEC 3.0x release.

Will try config_hdmi_boost=4 and hdmi_clock_change_limit=50 to see if it helps.

Can you try updating firmware?
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/r...tart_x.elf
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/r...ixup_x.dat

Replace the files on FAT partition of sdcard with those.
I've replaced both files now and removed the config_hdmi_boost / hdmi_clock_change_limit from the config. Will give it a try and post my results here.

I wonder why Raspbmc doesn't come with the latest firmware.
In the meantime with testing I am back at hdmi clock 100 and it's still functioning fine.
Updating the firmware didn't help Sad I'm going to play around with the settings mentioned above.

Btw., the dropouts only seem to occur with 50hz material like TV series. I just watched a full movie in 24p without dropouts.

Update: config_hdmi_boost / hdmi_clock_change_limit didn't help, too.
After a few days I can confirm that the audio dropouts only occur with 25/50hz material. Movies with 24p are working perfectly. Can anyone with the problem confirm this?
(2013-11-19, 19:04)dantist Wrote: After a few days I can confirm that the audio dropouts only occur with 25/50hz material. Movies with 24p are working perfectly. Can anyone with the problem confirm this?

What audio formats give dropouts? DTS passthrough? AC3 passthrough? non-passthrough? Is speaker layout set to 2.0? What sampling rate is used?

Can you disable "adjust refresh rate to match video framerate". Can you manually set the hdmi mode to various refresh rates and report if dropouts occur?
DTS and AC3 passthrough are enabled. mp3 gives dropouts. If I force the frame rate to 24 the dropouts disappear but the sound "hickups" all the time with 25hz material. Speaker layout is set to 5.0.

I can try more frame rates like 50 and 60 if it helps. Haven't had the time yet since I don't watch that much TV and it sometimes takes a while until the dropouts occur.
Just a FYI, we have a few reports from xbian XBMC as well. I don't see it when i use raspbmc with all the same hardware.

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1806.html
(2013-11-16, 18:10)dantist Wrote: Updating the firmware didn't help Sad I'm going to play around with the settings mentioned above.

Btw., the dropouts only seem to occur with 50hz material like TV series. I just watched a full movie in 24p without dropouts.

Update: config_hdmi_boost / hdmi_clock_change_limit didn't help, too.

I think for me, it's only happening with the HDTV x264 stuff (series). So same situation (except that clock change works for me :-)) .
If the dropouts are a new problem, then it's likely to be firmware change. Identifying the exact firmware that introduced the problem would be useful.

You can download previous versions of start.elf and fixup.dat from here: https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware.
Thanks for the link popcornmix. There's a new version of the files from November 28. The changelog mentions a "Fix for audio chirps over hdmi". I don't know if this is related to our problems, but I just watched 20 minutes of 25hz material without a single dropout. Will keep you posted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio gaps every few minutes1