Android Disable background video?
Question 
I see the appeal, but I'd like to disable background video. That is, when I "Back" out from a playing movie to the home screen, I want the video to just stop. I believe that's how it was working for me on a different skin (Amber), and it's much easier for my wife to follow what's happening when it works this linearly.

I've searched around the forum and the Google, and I've scoured the preferences. Any ideas?

Thanks so very much!
Not sure about this, but pressing the giant stop button is too difficult?
A snarky response. Shocking.

1. It's not giant. In fact, it's exactly the same size as the controls around it. You want to talk about Fitt's Law for a bit?
2. It's not a hard (physical) button. So yes, it's more difficult. I have a degree in user interface design and 15 years experience on it. Don't make me get started on you.
3. It's not always the default control even after you take the extra step to trigger that OSD, so there are n more actions required.
4. Do you think you add to the discussion with a response like that?
Oh, I should have included: I'm running Aeon Nox 4.0 on Ouya running XBMC 13.0 alpha 1.
You should be able to accomplish this by creating or editing the appropriate keymap (keyboard.xml or remote.xml depending on your particulars).

About these and where to find them: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard.xml

Sketchy example: Section in question might contain something like this by default:

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>Fullscreen</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>

You'd insert this instead:
Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>Stop</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>

Hope that helps.
Thanks, antisuck. I'll have to look into getting file access working to my Ouya (from my Mac, I assume). I think I've seen posts about that somewhere, so I'll do my work and look for this file and see if this method works.

Actually maybe I'll get Flirc and find a way to use my Harmony remote to achieve the "Stop" action.

Anywho, thanks for the strong lead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable background video?0