Disable background video?
Question 
I see the appeal, but I'd like to disable background video. That is, when I "Back" out from a playing movie to the home screen, I want the video to just stop. I believe that's how it was working for me on a different skin (Amber), and it's much easier for my wife to follow what's happening when it works this linearly.

I've searched around the forum and the Google, and I've scoured the preferences. Any ideas?

I'm running Aeon Nox 4.0 on Ouya running XBMC 13.0 alpha 1.

Thanks so very much!
Hey Leefur... dont mean to hijack your thread... but how do you like XBMC on the OUYA? I have one of those and gave up after the first day, when they first shipped.

Do you have a link for a guide, and the downloads?

Thanks,

H.

PS I saw that someone answered your question regarding the background video... on another thread.
(2013-10-29, 21:26)hernandito Wrote: Hey Leefur... dont mean to hijack your thread... but how do you like XBMC on the OUYA? I have one of those and gave up after the first day, when they first shipped.

Do you have a link for a guide, and the downloads?

Thanks,

H.

PS I saw that someone answered your question regarding the background video... on another thread.

Yeah, giving up makes sense. I gave up twice and this, my third try, might be sticking. I played with two versions, the official version (Frodo, v12) which has one tweak to include hardware acceleration so many 1080p movies play okay, and a sideloaded alpha of v13 (Gotham). I've settled on the v13 alpha, though there are little things I like about v12 better (e.g. the key bindings for the game controller are better IMO). But in general it's turning out okay. I still notice some sync issues with audio that my Boxee doesn't have, but they're rare. Stupid Boxee. It can handle *everything* with aplomb, but the interface is for shit and it's a dev dead-end so it's missing all sorts of things (e.g. Trakt integration).

I don't have any guides handy, sorry, but a search for things like Ouya and XBMC and sideload and Gotham and such should help. And if you need help, there are guides out there to walk you through setting up XBMC. It's a tinkerer's dream, so have fun with it. Smile
Many thanks.... Luckily I do not rely on my Ouya or RaspPi for actual media center usage... They are side projects for me to see how cheaply I can create an HTPC.
Yeah, and RaspPi was my fallback if I couldn't get Ouya running.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable background video?0