Please help a noob: Nox links
Hi all,

Please help. I have looked everywhere I must just be missing some real silly little thing.

I am trying to make a few custom menu adjustments to make the HTPC work easily for the family.

I am using Frodo, latest stable with Aeon Nox, also new, on a PC with Windows 7.

For Live TV and Netflix, I am using Windows Media Center because, with a Ceton capture card, it seems to be the only thing that I can make work.

Now, I just want to be able to click a custom menu button in XBMC and have it launch WMC in the correct category. I have already made the links and created a "launcher" for them with Advanced Launcher. I added them to the FAVORITES. If I go to the "FAVORITES", I can click the links and everything works awesome. But, I really, really want this to work with the Main (and sub) menus.

I have been able to create the menu I want:

1. I deleted all of the unwanted categories (Featured, TV Shows, Live TV, TV Guide, Search)
2. I added 2 new MAIN menu items: TELEVISION and NETFLIX
3. TELEVISION has a sub menu: LiveTV, RecordedTV, ScheduledRecordings, TVGuide, and FullSeries

I would like TELEVISION, if clicked to launch right into LiveTV in WMC. NETFLIX to launch right into WMC Netflix sub area.

Also, each entry on the TV submenu to link into WMC but FullSeries to link to my TV Shows library.

This sounds so simple but when I create the custom menu entry, I use the TYPE --> Favorite, how do I enter the link?
I can not do anything to the "Function" block so I can't even use trial and error there.

Thanks for any help.
With the custom type you can launch a cmd or bat file. So you first write a batch file to launch WMC with livetv or netflix and then add a custom menu entry (type custom) with entry
Code:
System.Exec(c:\netflix.cmd)
for example.
BigNoid is back !!!!

Last message sent 2013-07-26, 16:33
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-10-28, 22:18)BigNoid Wrote: With the custom type you can launch a cmd or bat file. So you first write a batch file to launch WMC with livetv or netflix and then add a custom menu entry (type custom) with entry
Code:
System.Exec(c:\netflix.cmd)
for example.

Thanks a lot. This worked like a charm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help a noob: Nox links0