.mkv x264 AC3
I've been using XBMC for years and I don't usually run into codec issues. However, I did run into a .mkv file listed as x264/AC3 which had trouble playing. It would play on the same machine via VLC but not XBMC.
I just deleted the file figuring it was bad.

Just now I ran across another file with the exact same symptoms (slow play, about 4 fps). I took a look and it is also a .mkv x264/AC3 so I'm thinking this may be a real issue.

I downloaded mediainfo and this is what it shows:
First video stream: 1 607 Kbps, 640*360 (16:9), at 25.000 fps, AVC ([email protected])(CABAC/3 Ref frames)
First audio stream: 192 Kbps, 44.1, 16 bits, 2 channels, AC-3

I tried searching for codec info related to XBMC but nothing turned up.
Typically, that sort of slow play is associated with an audio settings misconfiguration. As a quick test you might be able to disable all the audio receiver capabilities and see what happens.

Short of that, take a look at the audio sticky for a guide through.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
It's likely you've got AC3 enabled as a passthrough format but the device you're connected to doesn't support AC3 decoding, or your Speaker Configuration is wrong.

A quick test to check if issue is audio related, set:

Audio output: Analog
Speaker Configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: Directsound - SPDIF/HDMI* (you could try WASAPI as well)

*will depend on type of connection used

If then ok, post a log_file (wiki) as that will show the capabilities of your system.
I changed the Audio output from HDMI to *Analog*.
That disabled the passthrough option.

The video and sound appear to be working fine.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.mkv x264 AC30