Duplicate Movies
Hi All,
Sorry if this has been solved already, but I've had a tough time trying to locate a solution - the issue that I have is not duplicate entries in XBMC but duplicate files in the file system.

Here is my situation.

I have a large movie collection (in my view), but the large collection is comprised of duplicate movies. Some of the duplicate movies are different quality (i.e I ripped them with the intention to saving HD space, then downloded a better quality version etc...). But essentially I have about 6 hd where the movies are all scattered around (i.e Movie A is in Harddrive 1, 2, and 3). Sometimes the naming convention that I used on the movies isn't in a format where I can get a directory list and compare etc..

So essentially I want to try and locate the duplicate entries, I think using the movie library is the best since it takes out the filename issue. Then I want to sort through the duplicates to identify the ones that I want to keep based on whether it is 720p, 1080p, 5.1 Audio etc...

What's the best way I can accomplish this, some of the things that I have already tried to do :
-get directory listing to compare the filenames - when I did this I realised that filenames couldn't be used properly to match duplicates. Also, I couldn't detect the quality based on the filename.
-use the library export functionality. Got the exported library, but couldn't work out from the xml whether it is 720, 1080 dual channel etc...

Please help, thanks in advance...
I think the library will be your best option.
Get everything into your library and you can browse the MyVideos75.db with something like this and you can create a query like this:

Code:
select c00, path.strPath, files.strFileName, streamdetails.strVideoCodec, streamdetails.iVideoWidth, streamdetails.iVideoHeight,  streamdetails.strAudioCodec, streamdetails.iAudioChannels from movie
join files on files.idFile = movie.idFile
join streamdetails on streamdetails .idFile = files.idFile
join path on  path.idPath = files.idPath
group by movie.c00
having count(*) > 1

This will pull up all movies and display in a table the movie name, path, filename, Video/Audio details and group it by duplicates so you can sort through it.

this query is built for frodo so if you use Eden or some other version you might need to modify the query.
יונתן בן-חיים
Is there an update to the request by the op which works easily? I really would like to find dupes in my collection.
@ifndefx: You could try the script in my sig, "./texturecache.py duplicates" which will list duplicate movies based on imdbnumber, giving you basic details about each duplicate (title, playcount, lastplayed, date added, filename). There are also addons that do something similar.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate Movies0