examle:
PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.youtube</content> 
It show content:
Quote:Explore Youtube
Search
Login
I click its, but nothing happens.
So, It dont work with content is folder, dont it?

How to refresh List content from plugin?
Cheer!
How would I use this to pull content from a folder I've added to my favourites?

I can get it to pull the favourites by using <content>favourites://</content> but if I try something like <content>favourites://GameCube</content> it just returns the favourites again.

Is this even possible to do or would I need the link to the directory itself (which is very long and cumbersome)? I'd like to use the favourite if possible because that way the user could change it depending on their setup.

You will need the link to the directory itself.
(2014-07-25, 22:30)`Black Wrote: You will need the link to the directory itself.

Thanks for the reply, one other question, was a way to sort the content (e.g. by year, genre, etc) ever implemented?

Not yet.
Is it possible to use this to show a list and in the same window show the contents of the focused list item? An example might be showing a list of artists and showing (in a panel) the albums of the focused artist.

I'm sure I've seen this mentioned, but can't find the code for this specific behaviour.
Yes . I do this in my skin.

When navigating through artists. I display the albums of that artitst and when navigating through albums I show the list of songs

You need to use the database id of the selected item to access the information.

For example if you are browsing albums you need:

<content>$INFO[ListItem.DBID,musicdb://albums/,] </content>
Many thanks for the reply dj. One of the things confusing me is how, in this case, you show the list of artists as well as the albums. I have used this method to display one list but not both. So where do you specify the content that displays the list of artists in this case? I guess i need to check out your xml!

Also, do you know if it can be done with folders or does it have to be library items? If so, what would I use instead of the dbid as the ref back to the focused item in the list?

thanks again!
(2013-11-12, 01:44)jmarshall Wrote: You can set a node:visible property that will be evaluated at display-time for switching items on and off dynamically after initial list fill (i.e. after window load). The list itself is only refreshed on window load

Anyone get the visible node working?

I'm using this but only the first content is visible even though the condition changes -

PHP Code:
<content visible="StringCompare(Container(5000).Label,Recent Movies)" target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentmovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentmovies)]&amp;limit=5</content>
<content visible="StringCompare(Container(5000).Label,Recommended Movies)" target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedmovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedmovies)]&amp;limit=5</content>
<content visible="StringCompare(Container(5000).Label,Random Movies)" target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randommovies)]&amp;limit=5</content>
<content visible="StringCompare(Container(5000).Label,Recent Episodes)" target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentepisodes)]&amp;limit=5</content>
<content visible="StringCompare(Container(5000).Label,Recommended Episodes)" target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedepisodes)]&amp;limit=5</content>
<content visible="StringCompare(Container(5000).Label,Random Episodes)" target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randomepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randomepisodes)]&amp;limit=5</content>
<content visible="StringCompare(Container(5000).Label,Recent Albums)" target="music">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentalbums&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentalbums)]&amp;limit=5</content>
<content visible="StringCompare(Container(5000).Label,Recommended Albums)" target="music">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedalbums&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recommendedalbums)]&amp;limit=5</content>
<content visible="StringCompare(Container(5000).Label,Random Albums)" target="music">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randomalbums&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randomalbums)]&amp;limit=5</content> 
@Hitcher:
Nope, tested it. Doesn't work for me, too.

The node target_url also doesn't work for me:

PHP Code:
<content target_url="ActivateWindow(Music,special://skin/playlists/songs/random.xsp,return)">special://skin/playlists/songs/random.xsp</content> 
It still plays the selected song, but it should open the playlist window.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dyn...st_Content

The content tag has just target as an attribute. Every other thing is an item tag and can be used in plugins.
Oh, that explains everything.
Are there any plans to add this attributes for skins?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2014-07-28, 11:52)johnb Wrote: Many thanks for the reply dj. One of the things confusing me is how, in this case, you show the list of artists as well as the albums. I have used this method to display one list but not both. So where do you specify the content that displays the list of artists in this case? I guess i need to check out your xml!

The artist list, is the list used to display artists while browsing them in xbmc. (this is nothing new), And on the same place where you define that view for artists, you would simply add another list with the content tag I mentioned earlier.

(2014-07-28, 11:52)johnb Wrote: Also, do you know if it can be done with folders or does it have to be library items? If so, what would I use instead of the dbid as the ref back to the focused item in the list?

it could work for folders, in that case you should speciify the folder path of the currently selected item and append to it the name of the folder for which you wish to display the content. Maybe something like this (I havent tried it though)

<content>$INFO[Container.FolderPath]$INFO[ListItem.Label,/] </content>
Hi Community,

I am trying to add a widget to he home screen where favourites are displayed: using this <content>favourites://</content> displays all the favourites perfectly fine. But when clickin on an element no action is performed. Since Favourites can be movies , tv shows, songs, albums, folders, addons .... basically anything.Which target does one have to use?
I think perhaps what I'm trying to do isn't possible, maybe for unrelated reasons.

I've tried the code below and it does not display the contents of the selected folder.

To try and explain exactly what's happening, in this case ID 50 lists the contents of a folder (called Music). This contains genre folders (Jazz, Pop, Rock etc.) these are displayed ok in the list. What I want to do is display the albums contained in the Jazz folder when it is selected in the list using the dynamic list function. This bit isn't happening at all.

I thought the hierarchy should allow this to work - since when I click on the jazz folder Jazz I am able to display the jazz albums as thumbnails using an appropriate panel list - i.e. I thought I should be able to fill the panel list pertaining to the highlighted item as per artists and albums or albums and tracks in library view.

Code:
    <include name="ViewList">
        <posx>60</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>1220</width>
        <height>600</height>
        <scrolltime tween="cubic" easing="out">600</scrolltime>
        <pagecontrol>9010</pagecontrol>
        <itemgap>60</itemgap>
        <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
        <control type="group">
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>            
            <posx>60</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>320</width>
            <height>435</height>
            <control type="label">                            
                <visible>Control.HasFocus(50)</visible>
                <label>collection</label>
                <include>Common_Section_Label</include>                        
            </control>            
            <control type="label">                            
                <visible>!Control.HasFocus(50)</visible>
                <label>collection</label>
                <include>Common_Section_Label_Off</include>                        
            </control>            
            <control type="list" id="50">                    
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>60</posy>
                <width>320</width>
                <height>425</height>
                <onright>8001</onright>
                <onleft>9000</onleft>
                <onup>50</onup>
                <ondown>50</ondown>
                <pagecontrol>60</pagecontrol>
                <viewtype label="List">list</viewtype>
                <preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
                <itemlayout width="320" height="56">
                <control type="label">
                    <posx>32</posx>
                    <posy>0</posy>
                    <width min="20" max="580">auto</width>
                    <height>56</height>
                    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                    <textcolor>Label_Normal</textcolor>
                    <font>Menu-List</font>
                    <aligny>center</aligny>
                </control>
                </itemlayout>
                <focusedlayout width="320" height="56">
                    <control type="image">                        
                        <posx>0</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>320</width>
                        <height>56</height>
                        <texture>colors/color_keyboard.png</texture>
                    </control>
                    <control type="image">                            
                        <posx>0</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>320</width>
                        <height>56</height>
                        <texture>colors/color_white.png</texture>
                        <colordiffuse>Background_Highlight</colordiffuse>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>32</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width min="20" max="580">auto</width>
                        <height>56</height>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                        <textcolor>Label_Normal</textcolor>
                        <font>Menu-List</font>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                    </control>
                </focusedlayout>                    
            </control>    

<control type="panel">
                <left>320</left>
                <top>60</top>
                <width>1220</width>
                <height>432</height>
                <viewtype label="21371">list</viewtype>
                <pagecontrol>64</pagecontrol>
                <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
                <preloaditems>3</preloaditems>
                <itemlayout height="144" width="144">
                    <control type="image">
                        <left>0</left>
                        <top>0</top>
                        <width>142</width>
                        <height>142</height>
                        <bordersize>5</bordersize>
                        <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
                        </control>
                </itemlayout>
                <focusedlayout height="144" width="144">
                    <control type="image">
                        <left>0</left>
                        <top>0</top>
                        <width>142</width>
                        <height>142</height>
                        <bordertexture border="5">folder-focus.png</bordertexture>
                        <bordersize>5</bordersize>
                        <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
                        </control>
                </focusedlayout>
            </control>
            <content>$INFO[Container.FolderPath]$INFO[ListItem.Icon,/] </content>
        </control>        
    </include>
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin1