• 19(current)
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin
Is there any way to escape Info Labels correctly when using them as a part of the content URL?
The content path
PHP Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&feed=search&search=$ESCINFO[ListItem.Artist] 
leads to an error in the youtube plugin when the artist name contains a "&" for example.

and did something else change regarding escaping?
$ESCINFO[ListItem.PictureGPSLat], used in a custom context menu button, does not work anymore for example.

Thanks Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
[Kodi]
I posted a thread.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=202980
Dynamic List Content with Kodi have issue
(2014-08-22, 09:17)DjCisco Wrote: Hi Community,

I am using this to create widgets for the Home Menu, by defining some playlists and loading them via the content tag. I have for example a widget for In Progress Episodes. The widgets are working fine but if the playlist changes ( so for example if a new episode is set to be In Progress), the elements on the widget dont get updated. It only gets updated if a refresh the entire skin.

Is there something I should do for the widget to autoupdate?

Thanks

Does anybody have a hint on this?
Is there a specific reason why filling a list content for pictures doesn't work ?

PHP Code:
<content target="pictures">addons://sources/pictures</content> 

Or i am just wrong?

I'm on Helix Alpha3

Thanx

EDIT: Forget it Smile

This works:

PHP Code:
<content target="pictures">addons://sources/image</content> 
What do you use if you want to show the root path for something?

ie ActivateWindow(Videos,root)

Thanks.
(2015-01-28, 14:16)Hitcher Wrote: What do you use if you want to show the root path for something?

ie ActivateWindow(Videos,root)

Thanks.

Tried "videodb://" ?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I hadn't but that only lists the following -

Code:
Movies
TV Shows
Recently Added Movies
Recently Added Episodes

Whereas root has Files, Playlists, Video Addons, etc.
(2015-01-28, 14:16)Hitcher Wrote: What do you use if you want to show the root path for something?
Code:
library://video/

Added to wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_an...ogs#Videos
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Thanks. Big Grin
Hello
Is it possible to load images from Internet?
I tried it with some web addresses,but nothing is happening.

<content target="pictures">http://www.???</content>
(2014-09-05, 17:34)DjCisco Wrote:

I am using this to create widgets for the Home Menu, by defining some playlists and loading them via the content tag. I have for example a widget for In Progress Episodes. The widgets are working fine but if the playlist changes ( so for example if a new episode is set to be In Progress), the elements on the widget dont get updated. It only gets updated if a refresh the entire skin.

Thanks

I'm facing a similar problem...there must be a solution but I have yet to discover it.
(2015-03-08, 13:00)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-09-05, 17:34)DjCisco Wrote:

Thanks

I'm facing a similar problem...there must be a solution but I have yet to discover it.

Haven't tested, but you could experiment with these as additional onclick actions

Container.Refresh Refresh current listing.
Container.Update Update current listing. Send Container.Update(path,replace) to reset the path history.
(2015-03-08, 13:27)Jeroen Wrote: Haven't tested, but you could experiment with these as additional onclick actions

Container.Refresh Refresh current listing.
Container.Update Update current listing. Send Container.Update(path,replace) to reset the path history.

Also fighting it.
These commands do their job on a library view very well but not on my dynamic lists widgets.

The only dirty and ugly workaround I found is to place conditions like that in the home.xml header:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(Visualisation)">XBMC.ReloadSkin()</onload>
<onload condition="Window.Previous(FullscreenVideo)">XBMC.ReloadSkin()</onload>

Edit:

Read the complete thread again, this is working:
(2014-05-03, 16:44)`Black Wrote: This should work:

PHP Code:
#Home window
<onload>SetProperty(RefreshList,1,Home)</onload>

#Content
<content>$VAR[PlaylistPath]</content>

#Path Variable
<variable name="PlaylistPath">
    <
value condition="!Window.IsVisible(3050)">path_to_playlist</value>
</
variable>

#Custom window
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window type="dialog" id="3050">
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <onload>ClearProperty(RefreshList,Home)</onload>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(RefreshList))</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" delay="5">WindowClose</animation>
    <controls></controls>
</window> 

That way the path gets changed on window load which triggers a refresh. Clearing the property just after setting it in onload doesn't work because it happens in the same frame so the application will not notice the change. Since AlarmClock doesn't work with ms, you need the custom window unless you can live with a 1 second delay.

I plan to add a reload function for the container which will make it much easier to manually trigger an update.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
So... after re-reading the whole thread again..
Info labels like this is still not applicable ?

Code:
                    <item>
                        <label>$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Title)]</label>
                        <label2>$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Tagline)]</label2>
                        <icon>$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Art(poster))]</icon>
                        <property name="Fanart">$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Art(fanart))]</property>
                        <property name="Genre">$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Genre)]</property>
                        <property name="Runtime">$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Runtime)]</property>
                        <property name="Rating">$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Rating)]</property>
                        <property name="Plot">$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Plot)]</property>
                        <property name="Year">$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Year)]</property>
                        <property name="Mpaa">$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.MPAA)]</property>    
                        <onclick>Skin.SetString(custom_id,$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.DBID)])</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="!IsEmpty(Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Trailer))">Skin.SetString(custom_trailer,$INFO[Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Trailer)])</onclick>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(1101)</onclick>
                        <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(0).Property(RecentMovie.1.Title))</visible>
                    </item>

Trying to implement this for Ace but I'm still stuck at this part
Ace populates these on homescreen with randomandlastitems script.
But it's way too slow for large library
I'm sure I read recently that we can use two or more content paths but can't find it anywhere and it's not in the wiki. Did I imagine it?

Thanks.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin1