• 17(current)
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin
@Black: do you know if setting sort methods is on the roadmap for Helix?
Thanx Black
I'm trying to figure out how I would get the target to play in a video preview window instead of a fullscreen window.
I have the code below in an item tag to play music videos acquired from theaudiodb using a script.
The 1 at the end causes the videos to play in a preview window when clicked witch is what I want.

PHP Code:
<onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Window(Home).Property(MusicVideos.1.Path)],1)</onclick

I have successfully generated a list of youtube videos using the content tag below. However when clicked the videos play in a fullscreen window and I don't have the slightest idea of how to make them play in a smaller preview window like the music videos that are in the item tag with a PlayMedia function does.
I really can't get much info out of the wiki because well... there really isn't much there as far as examples and such. Could anyone possibly give me a clue of how I would accomplish the same for the youtube videos as I have done for theaudiodb music videos... thanks.

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&amp;feed=search&amp;search=$ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)],return)</content> 
Not possible (only with an extra button which controls the list)... however I plan to add an onclick attribute which lets you specify a custom action.
(2014-08-13, 07:59)`Black Wrote: Not possible (only with an extra button which controls the list)... however I plan to add an onclick attribute which lets you specify a custom action.

Thanks.
(2014-08-13, 07:59)`Black Wrote: Not possible (only with an extra button which controls the list)... however I plan to add an onclick attribute which lets you specify a custom action.

What exactly do you mean "only with an extra button which controls the list"?
Like a hidden button? Is there any way at all I can make the list open in a preview window instead of opening full screen? any work around to accomplish what I want to do?... thanks
Instead of focusing the list, you need to focus a button and control the list with it. Then you can use a custom onclick action.

PHP Code:
<control type="button">
    [...]
    <
onup>Control.Move(50,-1)</onup>
    <
ondown>Control.Move(50,1)</ondown>
    <
onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Container(50).ListItem.FilenameAndPath],1)</onclick>
</
control
(2014-08-15, 23:06)`Black Wrote: Instead of focusing the list, you need to focus a button and control the list with it. Then you can use a custom onclick action.

PHP Code:
<control type="button">
    [...]
    <
onup>Control.Move(50,-1)</onup>
    <
ondown>Control.Move(50,1)</ondown>
    <
onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Container(50).ListItem.FilenameAndPath],1)</onclick>
</
control

Got it... thanks... one more question... Is there a way somehow that the button could be part of the list and transparent so it looks like your navigating on the list but the button absorbs the click?

[EDIT] Nevermind, I figured it out with a transparent button the size of a the list. Works like a charm... Thanks very much for your help Black!!!
(2014-08-16, 04:44)woodside Wrote: Got it... thanks... one more question... Is there a way somehow that the button could be part of the list and transparent so it looks like your navigating on the list but the button absorbs the click?

PHP Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">false</visible

Are we getting this in Helix? Also are <oninfo> and Container.IsUpdating going in for Helix?

These are the top three features on my skinning wishlist Smile
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Guys,

is there a way to use this to pull every runnable add-on - music, program, video, picture?

I would like to have poor man's MyAddonNav.xml, if you know what I mean.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

You need a plugin for that. However I'm currently thinking of adding the possibility to have multiple contents in a list.

PHP Code:
<control type="list">
    [...]

#Some static item at the beginning

<content>
        <
item id="1">
            [...]
        </
item>
    </
content>

#Now some dynamic content

<content>special://profile/playlists/video/playlist1.xsp</content>

<content>special://profile/playlists/video/playlist2.xsp</content>
    #And at the end another static content

<content>
        <
item id="1">
            [...]
        </
item>
    </
content>
</
control

@jurialmunkey
Yes will all be possible.
(2014-08-16, 11:40)`Black Wrote: You need a plugin for that. However I'm currently thinking of adding the possibility to have multiple contents in a list.

PHP Code:
<control type="list">
    [...]

#Some static item at the beginning

<content>
        <
item id="1">
            [...]
        </
item>
    </
content>

#Now some dynamic content

<content>special://profile/playlists/video/playlist1.xsp</content>

<content>special://profile/playlists/video/playlist2.xsp</content>
    #And at the end another static content

<content>
        <
item id="1">
            [...]
        </
item>
    </
content>
</
control

That would be fantastic, for several reasons.

On a side note, have the team ever considered / are you planning introducing MyAddonNav.xml?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

No nothing planned on that. The only thing I'd like to add is the possibility to display "recently used add-ons".

I think since we have the AddonBrowser, we could very well allow to run add-ons from that and add a category "all addons" as well as "recently used add-ons". A MyAddonNav.xml wouldn't be much different, as every add-on would be run in another window anyway.
(2014-08-16, 11:54)`Black Wrote: No nothing planned on that. The only thing I'd like to add is the possibility to display "recently used add-ons".

Most used might be more useful.

Quote:I think since we have the AddonBrowser, we could very well allow to run add-ons from that and add a category "all addons" as well as "recently used add-ons". A MyAddonNav.xml wouldn't be much different, as every add-on would be run in another window anyway.

IMHO, AddonBrowser is a tool with a lot of buttons unneeded for add-on "consumption" (install from ZIP, available updates, enabled-disabled). It is actually Addon manager.

MyAddonNav.xml could present a grid view with your installed, runnable add ons that you want to use. Sort button could be added to sort by most used, recently used and so on. It would also make finding and running your add ons much more intuitive and lift of some burden from other media windows where you have to skin add-on layouts.

Anyhow, at least that was my reasoning.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Or maybe simply extend MyPrograms.xml to include other add-ons as well?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEADS UP: Filling a list from a directory/plugin1