OS X No more 'audio passthrough' options?
Thanks, this indeed sounds like a promising way to go.

One more thought - instead of running openelec from a USB stick with related lag or fiddlign with a dual-boot, any thoughts about running openelec in a VM? Any experience with a Mini doing this?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2013-10-31, 07:56)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-10-30, 18:15)lapino Wrote: Using a nightly build to get xbmc to work on mavericks, I notice that when I go to system, ssystem, audio output I am no longer able to setup receiver options. I need this because mp3 audio from tvshows is not working and I remember having to change something there in previous versions.

How do I get these options back? Output is set to hdmi.

If you try with one of the 12.3 test builds is this still the case? (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176721 ) I'm trying to see if this is a Mavericks issue or a nightly build issue, but I personally don't have any audio receivers right now.

I have tried to get sound out to my wireless BT headphones using 12.2, 12.3 (various builds) u derived OSX 10.9. Doesn't work when setting output to default or even the headphones themselves. It used to work with perfectly with Frodo and OSX 10.8. I installed Eden under OSX 10.9 and sound worked perfectly as did video. Plex works with OSX 10.8,10.9 and BT. In any case video doesn't appear to be hardware accelerated using xbmc under 10.9 .

My Mini is the 2012 one. I am just going to revert to 10.8 until everything is all sorted out. I should note that XBMC works great on my i3 NUC running win8.1 .

philip
(2013-11-13, 16:37)sling Wrote: @Steve1977: Also that works. To test the hardware support I first installed OpenElec on a USB stick.
How to: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...ab=Mac_OSX

I read through the linked wiki entry. It has a huge disclaimer: "PAY ATTENTION!!! If there is another disk drive inside please unplug it while installing! There is a bad bug in the installation routine which could damage a not selected drive!!! (So unfortunately I lost my data)".

How did you deal with this? I cannot unplug the internal HD from the Mini. So, what to do?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
I had everything backup before I take the risk. Angel
Had no problem installing on USB stick
Of course worked MacOS afterwards just fine. I had nothing installed on the HD of the macmini.
Openelec works well on the USB stick only slow, USB 3. I tried to install openelec on a partition on the HD but that didn't work.
Then I have taken the step to remove MacOS and install openelec. Everything works perfectly.
Of course, it is on you risk it remains software Big Grin
(2013-11-16, 10:52)sling Wrote: I had everything backup before I take the risk. Angel
Had no problem installing on USB stick
Of course worked MacOS afterwards just fine. I had nothing installed on the HD of the macmini.
Openelec works well on the USB stick only slow, no USB 3. I tried to install openelec on a partition on the HD but that didn't work.
Then I have taken the step to remove MacOS and install openelec. Everything works perfectly.
Of course, it is on you risk it remains software Big Grin

today again performed (install OpenElec on a USB) and there encountered no problems.
Ok, I will go ahead this weekend to install openelec on my Macmini and actually fully remove Mac OSX. This should bring an end to my audio issues. I have three last questions:

1) I keep reading online that I will need to install something called "refit". Is that also needed if I completely get rid of Mac OSX or only for dual-boot?

2) Do I need to do anything to have my MacMini boot from USB or will it "just happen"?

3) Any idea whether the 64bit version of openelec will work on a late-2006 Mini (which I will try it first on before going for my 2011 model)?
Any thoughts?
You should head over to the openelec forum with your questions imo.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-11-22, 11:35)steve1977 Wrote: Ok, I will go ahead this weekend to install openelec on my Macmini and actually fully remove Mac OSX. This should bring an end to my audio issues. I have three last questions:

1) I keep reading online that I will need to install something called "refit". Is that also needed if I completely get rid of Mac OSX or only for dual-boot?

2) Do I need to do anything to have my MacMini boot from USB or will it "just happen"?

3) Any idea whether the 64bit version of openelec will work on a late-2006 Mini (which I will try it first on before going for my 2011 model)?

Sorry for the late response
1)No that's only necessary if you choose to dual boot. I do not have it installed.
2)Yes Press and hold the Ctrl key during startup. On the screen choose boot from usb
Then well read and make the right choices
Use the manual that I have previously mentioned
3)No idea
Then you must first look at the hardware specifications under macos
I don't expect it 64 bit architecture was according later I think
I currently use openelec a week or 4 easily every night
No problem
Good luck.
I answered no questions here anymore
Please Go to forum OpenElec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No more 'audio passthrough' options?0