scraping a strm file
so I'm using an STRM file to play a series of locally stored video files. I can get the strm to work fine but I can't get it to scrape into my library. I've added an NFO file with the details I want but it doesn't scrape. I've done this before where the strm name was an actual episode name that's in thetvdb but in this case the names aren't in thetvdb. Shouldn't the scraper pick up info from the NFO if it's there?

If not, what do I have to do?

Thanks.
Unless you are adding this STRM and its corresponding NFO file into the folder of an existing TV show folder that's already in your library, you need to ensure that:
  • the STRM/NFO file pairs for your "episodes" are placed in a folder named with the "TV show" title
  • and that there is a tvshow.nfo file (literal spelling) in that folder that provides the metadata for the "TV show" itself.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160904
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-10-30, 21:26)artrafael Wrote: Unless you are adding this STRM and its corresponding NFO file into the folder of an existing TV show folder that's already in your library, you need to ensure that:
  • the STRM/NFO file pairs for your "episodes" are placed in a folder named with the "TV show" title
  • and that there is a tvshow.nfo file (literal spelling) in that folder that provides the metadata for the "TV show" itself.

I did both of these. In fact I had mp4 files in this directory (with matching NFO files). I'm replacing the mp4's with STRM. I left the names the same so the NFO's would still match. But scraping doesn't pick up the STRM.

Any other thoughts?
Upload a debug log (wiki) to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here. The log needs to show you updating the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scraping a strm file0