Keyboard stops working on refresh change
I have the option selected "Settings->Video->Playback->Adjust display refresh to match video". Sometimes when I press a button while the refresh rate is changing (like when fast-forwarding but went past the end) all keyboard input stops working. The remote (Logitech DiNovo mini) and the plugged-in keyboard are non-responsive in XBMC. They still work fine on the desktop. I need to use the mouse to exit XBMC and then restart it for them to work again.

If I disable "Adjust display refresh to match video" I do not have this problem.

The OS is Ubuntu 13.10, XBMC 12.0-rc3 (the one that comes with Ubuntu). I know it's an older version, but Gotham has problems with my plugins, and there is no 12.2 PPA for Ubuntu saucy. You can see the logs here, I don't know if the errors are really a problem. I copied the log file right when the keyboard died.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=77328

Maybe this is this a problem with SDL? Can I bypass SDL input and somehow use LIRC to read the keyboard inputs? I see guides to use LIRC with an IR remote, but can it work with a keyboard?
I'm now running nightly Gotham, and it has the same problem.

It is indeed possible to use LIRC with the "devinput" driver with XBMC. This works okay, except the letter keys can't be mapped, and the numbers do double duty as letters too. The biggest problem is that when the bluetooth device disconnects from inactivity, the LIRC server silently closes in the background. I guess I need another hack (udev rule) on top of this hack to start it back up again.

Might be easier to just fix the real bug. Big Grin But I see XBMC is moving away from SDL so maybe I can get it working with Wayland or something...
try the version from my fernetmenta-master ppa, it has SDL removed.
https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...nta-master
Thanks! That worked. I did need to disable the multimedia hotkeys in Ubuntu, otherwise they wouldn't work in XBMC. Apparently SDL does a XGrabKeyboard() which overrides the previous bindings, but the XBMC X11 code doesn't do this.

There is one strange issue. When playing a movie, the confluence text size is giant. It goes back to normal as soon as the movie is stopped.
the font issue is a very recent bug, should be fixed soon.
Cool. With the normal SDL build I needed much larger audio latency setting for just 23.976. I guess that's another SDL weirdness. Now I have all rates using the same latency of 80 ms.

I think this non-SDL build is going to work out a lot better.
Since I upgraded my menus keep scrolling like a key is stuck on the keyboard. The mouse moves but I am unable to click on anything so I have be bring a terminal window up and kill the process to get out of XBMC. The mouse and keyboard work fine on the desktop.
I think I ran into this bug in XBMCbuntu Beta2-1 ..

Was working fine as far as I can tell, turned on change display refresh and now I lose keyboard focus during playback sometimes ...
(2013-11-11, 06:04)duckvader Wrote: Since I upgraded my menus keep scrolling like a key is stuck on the keyboard. The mouse moves but I am unable to click on anything so I have be bring a terminal window up and kill the process to get out of XBMC. The mouse and keyboard work fine on the desktop.

Disable joystick via guisettings.xml in .xbmc/userdata/
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'd like a debug log too, unless you have an actual joystick attached Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard stops working on refresh change0