Release RiseNShine - v1.0.0.11 released
I've got a persistent problem with XBMC (12.2) related to Suspend / Sleep.

XBMC loses comms with my NAS when the HTPC goes to sleep and when the HTPC wakes up XBMC will NOT re-establish connections to shares on the NAS and when you try and play something it tells you that item is no longer in that share (which is a lie) and won't play it. I've tried every combination of Sleep settings etc. to try work around this and I can't. (I've since had confirmation that it's a known issue).

BUT, if I quit XBMC and immediately run it again, everything immediately works as expected. And that only takes about 3 seconds to do on my HTPC, but it's an irritation to do manually every time I turn the thing on.

So I came up with a plan, as follows:

1. Don't set XBMC to handle Sleep, turn that off in XBMC. Rather just set the Sleep settings in Windows power management and set XBMC to rather auto quit after being unattended for X minutes (15 in my case) and set the PC to sleep shortly after that.

2. When the PC resumes (wakes up) have something automatically run XBMC again.

Point 2 is the trickier part because you need something that will monitor the OnSleep and OnWake events generated by the system and respond to them. I googled and found various half baked solutions, but none very good.

So I wrote my own.

I've called it "RiseNShine". Written in C#.

Get it here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

Download "setup.exe" and run it and it will install directly from the internet (1 Click Installer).

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9N9faZ...sp=sharing

It's a WinForms app that runs in your system tray under the current user context. It can be configured to launch any executable when the PC wakes from sleep and it can be told to kill any instances of XBMC that are alive when the PC goes to sleep.

It can also be added to your PC startup automatically by simply ticking a box and will automatically find any of [XBMCStart.cmd, XBMCStart.bat, or XBMC.exe] for you on first launch, in that order, and automatically make that the Launch Process for you if it does find one of them.

Has a small log to show every time it registers a Sleep or Wake event.

I've tested on my HTPC and it works flawlessly.

It requires .NET 4.5 full version but will prompt for you to download that if you don't have it installed on first run.

Going forward I'm going to keep operating like this even if XBMC stops having issues with resume from sleep because this way I'm guaranteed a fresh XBMC session every time I fire up the HTPC, and I prefer that regardless.
v1.0.0.8 released

Sorted out a bug where I wasn't pointing the registry entry for the "Run at Startup" option to the appropriate app reference shortcut and therefore settings were getting lost on reboot due to app version confusion.

Get it here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing
v1.0.0.11 released

Fixed a bug that was causing the start delay to be set to 5 seconds constantly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RiseNShine - v1.0.0.11 released0