Clean Install Question
If I do a clean install to the latest version of XBMC do I lose my library info on what has been watched will I also have to re-scrape all my tv shows and movies and custom skin settings will they also be gone?
Backup the userdata (wiki) folder (which is where every info/settings/databases are)always before any maintenance and in case anything gets lost you have a backup of what matters.
(2013-10-31, 13:53)uNiversal Wrote: Backup the userdata (wiki) folder (which is where every info/settings/databases are)always before any maintenance and in case anything gets lost you have a backup of what matters.

Thanks I will do that, but do you know if default is that all that info gets wiped on a clean install?
There is no "clean install"-option for XBMC.
If you want to do a clean install, you have to completely remove the userdata folder which, of course, would mean that you lose everything inside XBMC. That is every single item in the library, every addon, every custom skin, every customization to anything, really. XBMC will then run with the default settings it is shipped with.

However - you do not need to do that. You can simply install a new XBMC version and XBMC will take care of the rest (i.e. upgrading the databases of the library to the correct version, etc.). You'll keep everything you have in your XBMC right now.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2013-10-31, 15:42)HenryFord Wrote: However - you do not need to do that. You can simply install a new XBMC version and XBMC will take care of the rest (i.e. upgrading the databases of the library to the correct version, etc.). You'll keep everything you have in your XBMC right now.

Thanks for the info that's just what I will do.
Again I advise you make a full backup of your userdata clean install is re-installing from fresh that would be wiped, but to start fresh you backup/rename the userdata and walla, fresh install it is, unless you want the more extreme format and install fresh mode, whch leads me to first point
I'm going to backup the data, and just do an upgrade, that way hopefully the data will be still there but if it gets lost I'll have the backup to fall back on. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Install Question0